wrighteer474

Choosing the Right Vinyl Art for You

il_fullxfull.274729865.jpg

Wall art can look great in any room or any area of your home or office, but choosing the right wall piece for your space is critical. Quotes, monograms, images and shapes are available in numerous designs. However, prior to deciding on a particular design, there are some things that need to be considered.

First, consider where you will place your wall art. You wouldn’t place the same design in the living room as you might in a child' bedroom, and vice versa. Consider the coloring of your walls and furniture to find a vinyl color that would accent nicely. Consider the theme of your home; would a simple, clear vinyl quote look best? Or perhaps a more artsy, curly, elegant look?

Second, look at the size and area of your space. You want your wall art to fill the space, but not overfill. Try to leave at least 2 inches of blank space around the wall. You also don’t want to apply a vinyl decal that is too small if you have a large surface to work with. Consider the rule of threes when choosing which vinyl décor to use. You want your wall art to take up no more than 2/3 and no less than 1/3 of your wall space. Whether your space is an entire blank wall, or merely a small area, the rule of thirds remains the same.

Remember that wall vinyl is always removable, changeable and easy to update, but you want to find something that looks great all year long. One of the best uses of these vinyl quotes is to apply them in a child's room. Bright wall art provides a great way for children to have something interesting and inviting on their walls, but adheres so smooth, it is virtually impossible for them to peel off. Then when the child gets bored with them as they grow older, it is very easy to change the existing design to something that is more appropriate.

Remember that wall vinyl is always removable, changeable and easy to update, but you want to find something that looks great all year long.

AWESOME! I SURE WILL. So this means we can use your designs right? Now if you could just please upload all of your .EPS docs the the forums we would love to make some wall art or elegant quotes!

• Like 1

How do you remove it without peeling the paint?

It is removable vinyl, not intended for permanent application. Oracal 631 is the vinyl..

Look up Oracal vinyl on the web, shows all their products and what they can be used for..

631 is "3 year vinyl" I'm not sure  what this means. I have a job doing and entire office with lettering.

Will 631 be permanent? Should I use a stronger adhesive vinyl instead. If so, can someone recommend something that comes in a variety of matte colors?

Thanks!

It is has a 3 year life when outdoors, indoors it should last indefinitely.

Unless you have a 3 year old.... then it's a crap shoot.....LOL

• Like 1

Unless you have a 3 year old.... then it's a crap shoot.....LOL

Which is why I typed "should" last indefinitely :)

Great stats on Etsy, I don't think I would have posted what I do successfully on a forum for people with cutters to compete with me and shown all of my work LOL
I would expect some competition soon from several on here.  

http://www.etsy.com/shop/wallinspired?ref=top_trail

http://www.mygrafico.com/illustrations-cliparts/owl-and-trees/prod_5910.html

Great stats on Etsy, I don't think I would have posted what I do successfully on a forum for people with cutters to compete with me and shown all of my work LOL

I would expect some competition soon from several on here.  

http://www.etsy.com/shop/wallinspired?ref=top_trail

http://www.mygrafico.com/illustrations-cliparts/owl-and-trees/prod_5910.html

man aint that the truth...