Gripy

Thinking about a CE-5000 60

I currently (dont) use a Refine 751 that has a dead motherboard. I want a new more reliable cutter and the Graptec seems like the right decision but i need to know a few things first.

First of all, whats the deal with the different sizes of blades that graphtec uses? They have a 0.9mm and a 1.5mm, why? And what size should i use for day to day use. I cut everything from paint mask (very light material) all the way up to Oracal reflective and everything in between.

Is something like the Graphtec more reliable and study than the Chinese MH-751 sold here on USCutter? Will the Graphtec actually give me more precise cuts for fine detail images? Or are all cutters really just the same? :-X Ive been reading thru the forums here and what ive seen so far has got me pretty excited!

Also, is there a difference these "Clean Cut" blades and other new ones like the Performance Carbide blades?

• Like 1

I personally own a Graphtec, an upgrade from a Chinese cutter. I only cut vinyl with it, as that is my main business. The only setting I have to change occasionally is the force on different vinyl, because of different vinyl thickness. The offset is always perfect. The tracking is great, The machine is definately a well built solid machine and very quiet running. The 1.5mm is for a different blade holder (red top blade holder) for much thicker material like rhinestone templates, sandblast . 09mm is for (blue top blade holder) for regular vinyl. I bought my Graphtec new in '08 and have never had a problem with it, and I use it everyday. And I never have static issues or memory issues with it.and it will run great on USB connection. I have never had to run it on serial or a keyspan. I run mine from an xp windows laptop. If your familiar with Signblazer, you can use it on the Graphtec. You can't go wrong with a Graphtec.

• Like 1

+1 on that I upgraded from a LP24 (CT630) Chinese cutter- which can't get cut strips for right now any less than about 40-50$... The Graphtec was a no-brainer and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys this is just the kind of thing I needed to hear. I hate to have to spend the money at this time of year BUT I would hate even more to be without a cutter at this time of year!

Cant wait to get it

don't think just do. i have a a graphtec fc 7000-75 and i would never go back.

• Like 1

Typically the chinese cutters have stepper motors, not servo motors. I have 2 Graphtecs.

So ive been doing a little research on the tec behind the motors and its pretty impressive. But what i want to know is, is there a noticeable difference between the steppers and servos?

I think im going to order my new cutter tonight. Im really excited about the tangential cutting :)

Eventually i will fix my other USCutter Refine and keep it for back up and other jobs.

one thing is, servo motors are very smooth, and quiet, more precise accurate cutting. I run my Graphtec on usb, and no static or memory problems. I have a Chinese with a stepper motor also, (my first cutter), loud. tracking not the greatest. not enough memory always on large detailed images. My Graphtec has never failed me on any job, and I have cut up to 16ft long images.

My CE5000-60 got here yesterday! Got it set up and running in no time. Ive only cut some thin paint mask mats so far but wow this thing kicked its butt! instant weeding with no snags and perfect corners!

• Like 1

congratulations on a very good, smart purchase.. You can never go wrong on a Graphtec, quiet , smooth, accurate.

• Like 1

congratulations on a very good, smart purchase.. You can never go wrong on a Graphtec, quiet , smooth, accurate.

This thing is like a luxury item! It was expensive as HELL and i still havent made any money but MAN this thing is nice! The only problem is that the roller bars that hold the vinyl are BENT so it has a slight wobble to it. My new blades just got here today so im about to test cut some reflective :)

Ok havent used it to much yet but im loving it so far. Am i correct in assuming there isnt supposed to be a cutting strip like other cutters use correct?

Does anybody know if the CE5000 is supposed to have a cutting strip like other machines? I see that USCutter sells them http://www.uscutter....B-GRPACE5000TEF but mine didnt come with one and ive seen videos of people using this machine and theirs didnt have one either.

Ok havent used it to much yet but im loving it so far. Am i correct in assuming there isnt supposed to be a cutting strip like other cutters use correct?

WOW..just measured mine..Graphtec. FC 7000... top of strip under 1/4" wide... I would think they would be close...

post-3058-0-73572400-1328223595.jpg

Actually carolyn the one on the ce5000's is quite wide - I would guess over an inch and very very flat to the cutter - they are black like yours but with them being on black painted metal they could appear to not be there, I am not sure why they went so wide on that model, on my roland it is like yours