MacCutter

Link for step by step Mac and cutter setup. Thanks, BannerJohn!

You don't adjust the blade by pulling it out. There should be an adjusting ring that exposes more (or less) of the blade.

can you take a close up of the blade holder?

also, looks like your pressure is way too low.

The adjustment ring appears to do NOTHING since the knife keeps getting pulled back magnetically.

Heres some photos though:

cutzm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When this is all said and done, id love to offer some graphic help to anyone as a thanks for the help in getting me going.

-chris

Looks like you have plenty of blade.(maybe too much) The problem (I think) is your pressure. It shows 5g....mine is set at 220g. 5g is almost nothing

Wow i had no idea about setting the pressure or anything- i upped mine to 220 like yours and i get the same.

It seems as though the blade isnt "dropping" once it starts. What they refer to as the "Cutter exiting staff" is not moving at all- im assuming its supposed to drop the blade down to CUT.

I have a video uploading so i can show it off.

BannerJohn and Skeeter- i hope someone at US Cutter is taking are of you all for all of the help youve provided on these boards.

I watched the video several times and I can clearly see the blade dropping when it is supposed to. WHY it is not making contact, I have no idea. I have contacted someone at USC and hopefully they will have a look.

Is the carriage on the tracks? Can you take a pic from the left of the carriage and the tracks?

Banner John i appreciate the contact with USC, ive been in and out of meetings and havent been able to sit on hold long enough to get someone.

Here's the photo, it appears its on the rails fine, its moving smoothly, just looks like the knife wont drop.

img1025sa.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can see the blade holder dropping on the video. I think it's something else. Maybe even the wrong blade holder. KInda hard to tell from the pic..but is the blade holder pushed all the way down until it won't go any farther? It should be completely against the lip..no gap at all.

And im business.

I was putting the knife holder back on the Cutter the way i rec'd it, which i guess was wrong and up too high.

I secured it lower into the holder, set my pressure at about 100 and it mostly came out fine, had a problem with the bounding box not fully cutting, but ill figure that out.

Thanks again everyone, i REALLY appreciate it all.

If theres anything i can do for anyone, please let me help.

great! You will need to adjust the pressure and blade until it cuts just right. Less blade, more pressure is the normal way. If it cuts all the way through the backing paper..too much blade.

Have you called our support team? We would have had you handled inside of 10 minutes.. The blade holder on the TC has a flange about 2/3 of the way up like any other blade holder, but that flange does not sit on the top of the carriage arm like most of our other machines. This blade holders flange goes INSIDE of the carriage arm. If you set the blade holder in the carriage arm properly then it will be able to reach the vinyl.

Your blade looks to be too far out. I recommend taking the blade holder out and holding it in your hand, laying some vinyl flat on a table, and manually pushing the blade into the vinyl and dragging a cut. This is a great way to test blade depth. Your blade should not penetrate your backing at all. If it is then you have too much blade out.

If you are still having communication issues simply call us at 425.902.1302 and we will log into your computer and fix the problem. All of this information can be found at this link as well: http://start.uscutter.com/tc/osx

Hope this helped.

Thanks for clearing that up...I had no idea that it went INSIDE the carriage arm. I don't have every model you sell, though I wouldn't mind.

This has helped a lot but im running into one last issue.

In Signcut, it does not give me the option to select a TC Series, only Refine MH and Lasercut models.

I selected MH721 just to try things out, and used the settings noted with changing the Baud- it seems there is a connection because the cutter starts going, but it keeps eating up the vinyl on the roll...its crinkling it way out of whack and no cut is being made.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You have to d/l the zip file that has the extra files from sincuts website. it will allow you to pick the correct machine. you can choose the laserpro 24 and it will work too