MacCutter

Link for step by step Mac and cutter setup. Thanks, BannerJohn!

Banner John posted a link that has a step by step howto, pics and all, setup walk through. Hope this gets you up and running as soon as you get your cutter out of the box and put together. Here's the Link: Start.uscutter.com

This has helped a lot but im running into one last issue.

In Signcut, it does not give me the option to select a TC Series, only Refine MH and Lasercut models.

I selected MH721 just to try things out, and used the settings noted with changing the Baud- it seems there is a connection because the cutter starts going, but it keeps eating up the vinyl on the roll...its crinkling it way out of whack and no cut is being made.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This has helped a lot but im running into one last issue.

In Signcut, it does not give me the option to select a TC Series, only Refine MH and Lasercut models.

I selected MH721 just to try things out, and used the settings noted with changing the Baud- it seems there is a connection because the cutter starts going, but it keeps eating up the vinyl on the roll...its crinkling it way out of whack and no cut is being made.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Your vinyl cutter brand is a LiYU, set it up on that.

Look under LiYu for the Manufacturer, not USCUTTER

Yeah that is the Mfr pulldown menu, no LiYu.

Maybe ill try SignCut support.

Thank you.

I have it downloaded in trial version and it is on mine. That's what I was going by. It has all the drivers. Do they only give them UScutter drivers when they get Signcut from USCutter?

no idea. I do know that SignBlazer used to ship with the drivers for US Cutter products only. Could be the same with SC. At any rate, description says the patch has all the necessary drivers.

Thanks for the help guys, i was missing a driver, downloaded and chose the settings for the TC.

I Sent a cut to it, now it seems to be hanging in space, my LCD says "NOW IS CUTTING..." its been going on for 10 mins on a small file.

Going on hour 6 now from when i took this thing out of the box- user manual was TERRIBLE. The only good info ive found has been these forums...so thank you to everyone.

If using a Mac, are you using the Keypspan adapter? Highly recommended for a MAC...

Yup, have it all set up. Same setup as BannerJohns instructions.

Still hanging in space.

Im a graphic designer, i work with vectors everyday and have set a multitude of things to be cut up on a much higher end cutter at a graphics place. We decided to get a small one for our office to save some money. My test image is just a bold piece of type.

are you sure the baud rate is the same on your machine as in the settings. Normally, it's set at 9600

Hey guys,

Here are my settings:

2222bj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is now sending info to the cutter and the cutter starts "going."

And by going i mean, all its seeming to do is wrinkle the vinyl, knock it off center...etc. I have the TC 25" version and the paper loaded to the left...is it supposed to be loaded to the right. I cant find any info anywhere about how its actually supposed to be loaded. The cutter is making light scores so i think i need to lower the knife...but right now whats killing me is the feed issue i having. Its not feeded in and out cleanly at all.

Let me know if i should move this to a different part of the forums, i just didnt see anywhere dealing with the TC.

possibly post some pictures of your problem.

I'm not sure what you mean, most vinyl cutters cut from the right to the left. What do you mean load right or left?

and if it's wrinkling the paper/vinyl are you sure you have the pinch rollers directly over the grit rollers on the bottom? Not sure how that vinyl cutter is, Some vinyl cutters have a continous 1 piece grit roller on the bottom and the pinch rollers can be positioned anywhere. and some vinyl cutters have seperate grit rollers on the bottom, and the pinch rollers have to be directly over them.

I took some photos that maybe will help.

I have three pinch rollers on my system- the middle and right one can move and i have them lined up over the grit rollers. the one to the left (circled) will not budge even when unlocked and its not aligned over the grit roller. Im assuming this is what is throwing my paper feed off. I also added a photo of the settings on my display.

Thanks again everyone- this has been very frustrating.

cutterk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IF the roller on the left is NOT over the roller..that is what is causing your problem. It should be moveable. If it isn't,something is wrong. I suggest you shift your vinyl to the right, only use the two pinch rollers that move..and see what happens.

IF the roller on the left is NOT over the roller..that is what is causing your problem. It should be moveable. If it isn't,something is wrong. I suggest you shift your vinyl to the right, only use the two pinch rollers that move..and see what happens.

I ran a cut and it went all the way through without roughing the vinyl up by moving the vinyl over the right, rendering the roller on the left unused (im wondering what its there for then?)

Now to get it to cut, it seems that no matter how much i pull he knife out from the housing, the magnetism is pulling it back in and its just not going down far enough to make a cut.