Hello all:

We are having trouble with our fairly new MH-871 plotter leaving waves in stead of strait lines.

Take a look at the picture Im posting with this post and see what you think.

What Im using:

US Cutter MH-871 Purchased in May 2011

Sign Cut Pro

Serial connection

Dell computer with windows 7

2 Gig Ram

2 SATA drives Main drive 150gig with 110 gig free space.

Things that I have tried or have had to replace recently:

Mother Board

Z-Chip

Different cutting program

New Blade

Sprayed WD40 in blade holder

ran plotter at slower and faster speeds

changed blade pressure

called US Cutter Support

I need help this dosnt look good on the signs im doing but I have no choice but to do them.

post-7006-0-33022000-1321463384.jpg

Guess Im the only one with this problem! And the US Cutter tech's dont seem to know either.

I looked at some signs I did 6months ago when I first got this cutter and it wasn't doing this then.

any input on this problem would be grateful!

i usually use dry graphite to lube mine. recently i had one apart and found out how the blade holders work. on the bottom is a (semi) sealed bearing, that i doubt teh graphite, or any short spray of wd40 would ever bother.

id recommend getting another blade holder. its good to have a backup anyway. and see if it helps. if it is a holder issue, possibly soaking it in a GOOD penetrant (something like pb blaster or breakfree clp, NOT wd40) then spinning the blade in the holder to work the lube in might do the trick. it did for me.

When you use the pen/ plotting attachment, and plot to paper, does it do the same thing? Could be the blade holder itself, or a loose carriage arm. Did you check to make sure the carriage is seated properly on the tracks?