stickeysand

H chested YellowJacket for window decal to be cut on solid color vinyl.

Can anyone help me? I want this Yellow Jacket to open in Sign Cut. I want to cut just his outline out so basicly the black will be all vinyl. I would like to have the option to have the H on the chest all vinyl as well. Can anyone fix this for me? I can't figure it out. Any help or step by step instructions on how to do it myself would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!post-20615-0-68202300-1320817489_thumb.g

So 2 eps files is what I think I need. One Yellow Jacket with a solid black H and one Yellow Jacket with the outline of the H.

Aguilar - forum member, or www.vectordoctor.com

The image you uploaded is a low resolution image that is going to need to be hand-traced in order to get a good clean image.

Would say it would be worthwhile paying to have it done.

Try this

Teez :D :D

That one is very close Southern, and may work for the OP- +1 For you ! :)

That will need a lot of cleanup though to be really great artwork- If you look at the lower abdoment, there isn't clean sharp definition on the furthermost outline, and in the fists you can tell its a quick trace. It's a good one, just depending on the needs of the customer, it may not fly.... Kind of like the difference between taking a logo with fonts and having the autotrace program vector the fonts, instead of replacing the text with the known font. It gives you a much more "pretty" piece of artwork that is more eye catching.

Not being critical, just voicing concern as many are quick to throw an image into an autotrace or a quick hand trace and post it. It isn't always helpful when whomever needing it isn't familar with tracing fucntions, their probably also not going to have any idea how to clean up and edit the nodes to make it look a certain way. On the other hand, I do applaud anyone for offering up what help they can give on here- it is a great resource and the help is very valuable.

Here is an example of a clean, versus quick traced piece of artwork- can you tell which is which?

post-13895-0-54534100-1320859711_thumb.j

I went with the website you suggested. I have better files of this image but still just to frustrating to figure it out. I should have my image by the end of this week. It just seems less stressful to pay for the work to be done then figure it out. Thank you :thumbsup:

You won't regret it, mind my asking what it cost? Last one I sent was around 12$ which for my time was super cheap. Would have taken me 3 hours to trace and get right. Figure 3-4$/hr is definitely worth my time!!!

I talked to him the very next day, but just sent out the email today, I added 3 other files I wanted "cut ready". Ill let you know when I hear from him. Thanks again for the resource. Im to inpatent to wait and to frustrated to do it myself.

No problem... I know lots of folks scoff at the idea of spending money on something you can do yourself... but like me, I can fix my furnace, water heater, half the appliances in my house, rebuild my own transmission out of my truck- etc- but I DONT have the time to deal with it. It is more simple to just pay a little and have it 100% done, in probably 1/3 the time or less.

The graphic I sent in would have taken me 3-4 hours of finding fonts, tracing and getting it just right so my perfection side was satisfied. 12$ and 6 hours during the day at my day job later- I had what I needed in my e-mail. So essentially cost me 3-4$ an hour. Meh. My time is worth A LOT more than that and I have better artwork than I could have made on my own.

The yellow jacket was quoted at $22 and just it's head with an angry lip was $12. So I sent in my $34 bucks to save myself any frustration. I also had another head quoted at $19 but decided it looked more like a cricut so didn't get it done. My next google search will for the yellowjacket with the muscles. It has more lines but I think it will look good as a vinyl decal. Thanks again for the help! It was so much easier to pay then continue searching, trying, waiting and failing.

Thanks snider for the try but I needed that exact yellowjacket it's the school mascot.

Ok so I just downloaded the file, hooked up to my cutter and opened it all up and theres 2 yellow jackets one with the H one without the H so how do I save them as seperate files? I dont need to cut 2 at ounce? *Insert smiley beating head against counter* I literally have a hour twice a day if I'm lucky to (make noise) create cut weed and create ounce its cut. It usually takes me that long to figure out what I need to do to cut! Gerrrr, Im going to throw this computer out the window.

To answer your question, I'm a dam mess when it comes to any program so I am limited as to what I know how to do in the programs. I have only figured out how to cut in Sign Cut. I do not like the way the cut screen looks in SignBlazzer I can't figure it out.

To further gripe and complain I have to add....

I have files I have made in Sign Blazzer of word art and things I wanted for my walls and can't get them to save as anything but .sbd which I can't seem to open in Inkscape or Sign Cut. When I tryed to save those files as .eps the picture that was there when it was labled .sbd completly disapears and I don't know where it goes. To make it worse I can't get any of those files to save into one of my regular computer parts like "picutes" or even to the "desktop" so I can get to them to have someone fix them to .eps for me. I am totaly limited, it's really frustrating. I ordered an actual print book on Inkscape to see if this will help me figure this out. It's coming in the mail, mail is soooo slow. I already printed out the whole manuel for SignBlazer and thats how I managed to figure out how to do the word art and things that I have done. A whole 1 1/2 ink cartridges latter and about 3 inches of paper I have a printed manule. Huge waste of time since I can't figure out my saving situation to cut them. I read highlighted and re-read the pages I printed while waiting at various apointments for the kids, so I could figure it out. And I am still stuck. I think I even have a post about on forums. Had a few replys that I actually printed out and followed step by step but they didnt work either. I'm sleep deprived from all this failing.

molesnand why wouldn`t you post the best image possible? If you want a good trace.

Where is that logo from?

mark-s

That was the best image I could find of this yellowjacket. It is the Georgia Tech yellowjacket that our school uses as their mascot. We add the H to the chest. I was so new to this forum I had no idea that the image I supply would be used in a way to "create" what I actual wanted. However I also did not know that there was a website that would supply me with what I wanted for a cost. Had I known I would have saved all these nice men their time and not ever have posted. Right after Vinyl told me ab

(stupid smartphone replied and I wasn't even done) about the vector doctor I had 4 images put into eps. And those problems were solved from there. Next if you read my original post I did say I would accept instructions so I could do it myself.

Kay wow! Thnak you very much for your time. But I have already sent the image into the vector doctor and received it back that same night. You did a great job as well, there's a slight difference in your H and his so ill download it in case yours will work for some other things I might do. Thank you ounce again to all o you for your help it's much appreciated.

This file cost was $22 I cut as big as my cutter would go but it wasn't a very big jacket because they both cut at ounce. I can't figure out how to put these two jackets in seperate files. But the file itself was $22. I guess I should have specified to put them in seperate files. :rolleyes:

meh. one file or 2, it is able to be seperated... that isn't bad at all for that artwork really.... I sent you a PM... let me know if I can be of any help...