mrobbins

wanting to buy a printer!!

Hey guys, I am wanting to buy a printer. Definately something used because 6-8k is just not an option as of right now. This is for me only and would upgrade before trying to sell or even demonstrating my work. This is strictly for the learning curve. I am new to vinyl printing but I have done a lot of reading on the various types of inks and what not. Every time I find a printer on craigslist or ebay, I do searches on them and get the same result. Either printing on paper only, or indoor ink only. But these are also amazing deals at 500-1000 dollars for a 24" printer!! I understand the wf1100 is a pretty good price, but I really would like to have the 24". Most of what I find are designjets and others like that. But according to other forums, some say the designjets work, others say no. So how am I going to find or be able to tell what will or wont work for me? Thanks in advance for any replies!!

DesignJets are HP's low volume grade printers. They have aqueous, solvent, and latex models. Aqueous printers require specially coated materials, Solvent printers allow for a wider array of materials but have several trade offs, and latex is one of the newest printing technologies on the market. In your price range you would be looking for a aqueous or a well used solvent machine.

There are quite a few people on here that sub out their printing services, and I highly recommend dealing with one of us until you can fully support a printer's cost and maintenance demands.