Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Blade offset 0.25 not working for me

I was looking trough SignCut x2 settings and I saw the blade offset was set to 0.025 and the box of the blades + this forum members suggest setting the offset to 0.25.

I changed the setting and it starts cutting a doodle, many lines at the same time. I kept looking and the blade box says 0.25 MM, my software is set to cut in inches. SO, should I look the equivalent of 25mm in inches in order for it to work properly since my settings are in inches not in mm? Or should I write 0.25(mm) and it should work fine anyways?

Im lost here.

Joe

PS

This are my settings. Is there anything unusual?

post-1068-12986515524997_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986515545929_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry if there is some confussion but in SignCut-X2 the blade offset is set to inches if inches is used in the program, we keep the same measurement unit everywhere to avoid confusion. Most manufacturers use mm on their boxes so the correct offset should be 0.012 although some users have increased their settings on refines up to .0185

I'm sorry if there is some confussion but in SignCut-X2 the blade offset is set to inches if inches is used in the program, we keep the same measurement unit everywhere to avoid confusion. Most manufacturers use mm on their boxes so the correct offset should be 0.012 although some users have increased their settings on refines up to .0185

This was confusing me too. Entering .25 wasn't playing nicely with my LP24 from SignCut ProdPro, and I am using inches in SC as my default unit. I wasn't sure whether SignCut was showing the offset as mm (regardless of my setting) or inches since there's no indication of units in the offset field. 

So, what's the proper mm figure for the offset on a 45 degree blade? Is it .25 or .025? I keep seeing people post both numbers.

Also, I am seeing that .25mm converts to 0.0098425197 inches. Where did this .012 figure come from?

Look if your SC PRO main screen if it is in inches or mm sizes.

If that is the case your offset is also mentioned in inches or mm.

Easy or not.

Set it in mm and start with 0.05 mm and increase by 0.05 mm.

Paco