Gabdu

Automatic Application Tape Installer?

Hello there,

I sell interior wall decals. After we print or cut our decals we have a person who then goes through the normal process of 'putting the decal together.' Of the process is applying the application tape and then smoothing the application tape from top so that there are no bubbles and no warping. No problem no far.

I have a couple of questions:

#1. Is there a machine or some way this process (of applying the application tape) can be done automatically without human intervention? It would save time and potential errors.

#2. Also, does anyone know where I can learn how to 'put a decal together' from beginning to end? That is to learn the A to Z process of how to make interior wall decals (assuming I have a plotter). I'm new to this business and would like to learn, if possible, in a formal way.

Thank,

Gabdu

Hello there,

I sell interior wall decals. After we print or cut our decals we have a person who then goes through the normal process of 'putting the decal together.' Of the process is applying the application tape and then smoothing the application tape from top so that there are no bubbles and no warping. No problem no far.

I have a couple of questions:

#1. Is there a machine or some way this process (of applying the application tape) can be done automatically without human intervention? It would save time and potential errors.

#2. Also, does anyone know where I can learn how to 'put a decal together' from beginning to end? That is to learn the A to Z process of how to make interior wall decals (assuming I have a plotter). I'm new to this business and would like to learn, if possible, in a formal way.

Thank,

Gabdu

I have seen a shop use a laminator for app tape but definitely NOT worth it... Get yourself a big squeegee from here on USCutter's website for 100$ and that will simplify life a lot... That or build a jig to do it yourself by hand.

Search YouTube for layering vinyl decals and there are a ton of videos on folks doing it. Will be helpful for you.

I have seen a shop use a laminator for app tape but definitely NOT worth it... Get yourself a big squeegee from here on USCutter's website for 100$ and that will simplify life a lot... That or build a jig to do it yourself by hand.

Search YouTube for layering vinyl decals and there are a ton of videos on folks doing it. Will be helpful for you.

Thanks! Very helpful!

But I'm curious, why wouldn't a laminator for app tape be worth it?

Thanks for the link to the Sheeter , Skeeter !!! :D Anybody have those ?

But I'm curious, why wouldn't a laminator for app tape be worth it?

Usually, unless you're doing massively long sheets of decals etc, or LARGE cut vinyl, then spending 3k or even 1500$ wouldn't be worth buying a 36" or wider roll of app tape to cover just any decal cut, you would still have to do by hand, small or single piece orders which are most folks' business. I don't know yours specifically but just does not seem like a viable investment. Laminators are for laminating printed graphics which are often large or you have large sheets of many small ones- its a very specific duty that requires that kind of machine on a larger scale.\\

IDK maybe I am talking nonsense or can't explain what I mean very well... but to me? NOT worth it. I can lay down app tape without issues just about anywhere. Just did a 6'x4' cut vinyl wall graphic using 12" wide app tape and it came out just fine... no bubbles. RTape RLA.

IDK maybe I am talking nonsense or can't explain what I mean very well... but to me? NOT worth it. I can lay down app tape without issues just about anywhere. Just did a 6'x4' cut vinyl wall graphic using 12" wide app tape and it came out just fine... no bubbles. RTape RLA.

not nonsense at all ;) . Simple basic common knowledge & very practical business practice if you want to stay in business . You can't spend more than you make . If making alot of money buying more & more tools helps out production & makes more money in time , but if time is not that critical , more money is made by doing the most with the least :thumbsup: .