Sign in to follow this  
barrypatch

Blade holder and carriage arm questions

I have had a broken piece on my Laserpoint for a long time, but haven't been cutting much vinyl. The piece that is broken is the circular part where the blade holder drops in. It hasn't been a problem because screwing it in, I thought was not affecting the cutter. I haven't been able to replace it, because it hadn't been in stock. I need to call and see if they ever got them.

The problem I am having is when cutting, my letters aren't smooth. I am using Signblazer, typed in text only, I did create the text on an arc, because my customer wanted it curved. When I cut it, most letters aren't smooth. There is a jag in them, some only may be off 1/16" of an inch and some up to 1/8" or so, it's not consistent throughout the text. It's noticeable, so I can't do this order til I get it fixed. I apologize for not knowing all these part names. The little silver rod that sticks out of the top of the blade holder has a lot of "play" in it. I can't remember if it is supposed to. I changed the blade a few weeks ago and have cut a few things, but didn't have trouble with the jagged letters until tonight.

I put off doing this because I had some other products to get made for orders and have tried it twice and it's not good enough for me to give us a customer. Would the broken blade holder arm affect the cutting, even though it hasn't to this point? Also, is that little silver rod supposed to have some play in it.

Thank you!

Nan

I was hoping I would get some response to this. I talked to tech support and they didn't have much input, told me to try signcut. The problem is the same broken piece I have been trying to replace for over a year. I was trying to cut again today, to see if I could figure it out and the carriage arm literally broke into many pieces. I don't see the style I have on their site, so I guess I am screwed and very unhappy.

by "jagged", do you mean the vinyl is tearing, or it is not being cut right? if the vinyl is tearing, its a machine issue, and changing programs will not help.

Needs a new carriage arm to replace the broken one. If this particular series of LaserPoint does not have the replaceable arm, then you may need to replace the whole carriage. Call support and tell them your carriage arm broke, and you cannot find where to order one online. They may need to pull one off of a dead machine, if possible.

Howdy,

You are not alone. I just posted about having to replace my entire carrage assy because of a broken wheel mount. I was able to get the backing plate and moved all of the pieces from broken to new. The blade holder on mine is part of the molded backing plate. USCutter delt with me with no problem.

John

http://forum.uscutte...998#entry263998

The blade holder was jumping and not creating continuous cuts before it broke completely. I sent support a ticket, they told me to call. This is my third go around for this part. He thought he knew which version of a creation arm I needed. I offered to send pictures, but he told me what to order instead. I ordered, got it today and it doesn't begin to fit. I called again and sent pictures, waiting on a reply. This has gone on for over two weeks. I am continually losing money because I can't fill my orders. I am not even sure if the other version of the carriage arm is the right one.

I got the first part and it was wrong, i tried to explain to him it didn't look right, but oh well. Called back and talked to Mike in support, who seemed to understand the problem, was able to recognize the correct part I needed by asking one question. He also agreed that the broken piece, which the screw was holding together caused this entire issue. Of course I had to pay for the second part and will get credit for the first part when they get it back. I got the new part today and it looks correct. I am waiting on support to open so I can call to make sure I put it on correctly. I am unsure about that silver rod, I took out one screw and a washer came out, not sure where it goes, so I stopped. Hopefully I will be up and running today. I lost about $400 in orders due to this fiasco. I am not putting off learning my back up cutter, I have been working on that and figuring out what software to use, etc.... I need a back up and need to use the benefits of each cutter. I still feel like support is not up to par, this all could have prevented three weeks ago when I called. Not sure if management reads this board, but I think they need to make some changes. I sent a pm to some in administration, but didn't get a reply. I ran a manufacturing company for 13 years and know the headaches. Customer service should be a number on priority.