Sign in to follow this  
Dan01801

vectoring images etc

Hi again,

I am probably driving you guys crazy, but I do appericate all the help and advice. I am having a tough time with the whole vectoring process etc.This should be done through Inkscape correct? And I go to the trace bitmap option?. Does anyone know of a good manuel or book that can help with this. Also I have a having a tough time seeing how to position text etc in order to save vinyl etc. I am sure that you want to fit as many imanges etc etc as you can so you dont waste vinyl. Is there a layout page or something within signcut that will allow me to position the items etc. Thanks again

You sould have the text size and position worked up in the file before you go to signcut.It's really the final cutting program and not a layout or packaged sign making program.There are numerous places that offer faqs on flexi and signcut.And I think the inkscape open source people even have help sections.Just go to yahoo or google and search for the faq pages.

When you have Inkscape open,click on help. There is a very detailed manual right there. Or there is in the latest version (4.5) anyway.It shows you step-by-step how to do things.It even actually shows you what to click on.