r/c racer

Need Help

post-4377-0-78627400-1319295931_thumb.jpCan anyone help me with this Logo, just need Sunrise Buildings LLC and the barn, with arch over it, I've tried everything I know how and I can't get the barn right Thanks

You can redraw that in about half an hour.

mark-s

I've spent 2 hours plus trying, I only have Signblazer and when I move the node it goes beyond where I need it. I don't have any other programs, If you can suggest one I'd be glad to purchase, Just need to install on the 29th

I'm willing to pay for some one to assist me. We are all in this as a business and time is money. Just let me know how much and how to contact you for payment. Thanks Cindy

I've spent 2 hours plus trying, I only have Signblazer and when I move the node it goes beyond where I need it. I don't have any other programs, If you can suggest one I'd be glad to purchase, Just need to install on the 29th

I'm willing to pay for some one to assist me. We are all in this as a business and time is money. Just let me know how much and how to contact you for payment. Thanks Cindy

Fifteen minutes with SignBlazer

Impact font, a circle and a polyline for the barn.

SRB.EPS

• Like 1

Here are the steps I used:

To make the text:

http://screencast.com/t/hXiRmUQ0ROt

Create the Barn:

(Create guidelines by holding left clicking over the rulers.)

http://screencast.com/t/hY8Ndy4H

Outline the text and weld the text and barn:

http://screencast.com/t/NAS0Trgy

Create the sun:

http://screencast.com/t/0XBQG456

Create the block on the bottom and cleanup:

http://screencast.com/t/RfDyAJflA

• Like 8

Jay, that is awsome, I just learned a few new things watching your screen shots of this graphic. Thanks for sharing your talent. Rick

Jay deserved the positive I gave him for posting that :thumbsup:

Jay,

Thank you for the video showing how you recreated the logo, I have a couple of questions. So maybe I get this down.

1. When drawing the retangle, how did you get the box to show? (corners)

2. When I go to move a node, it goes way off to the left or right and I couldn't get it to the right spot, is that why the lines you used to line up come into play. And with the clean up? Is there a setting I need to make? I was doing the right stuff, just couldn't get the nodes to go where I needed them. Also did know about the close line.

Thank you so much from taking the time to do the logo and to show me how to use the program better. thanks

Jay deserved the positive I gave him for posting that :thumbsup:

Jay, thanks awesome learnt quite a bit, now it's the burning of the midnight oil while I try to transcribe & make my notes.Thanks for sharing.

Jay,

Thank you for the video showing how you recreated the logo, I have a couple of questions. So maybe I get this down.

1. When drawing the retangle, how did you get the box to show? (corners)

Right Click brings up the menu in most functions

2. When I go to move a node, it goes way off to the left or right and I couldn't get it to the right spot, is that why the lines you used to line up come into play. And with the clean up? Is there a setting I need to make? I was doing the right stuff, just couldn't get the nodes to go where I needed them. Also did know about the close line.

You may have Snap turned on. In the lower right corner of the screen, click on the [->>] to change the option. You can turn on Snap for either Guidelines or the Grid or both.

Thank you so much from taking the time to do the logo and to show me how to use the program better. thanks

You're welcome, see my answers to your questions above.

post-1636-0-16041100-1319467537_thumb.pn

That's it, I wondered why when I stretched a word it when to the grid lines. I'll fix that tonight, Thank you again. You are a life saver and I've learned a bunch.

You're welcome, see my answers to your questions above.

:huh:

This is how mine turned out.

mark-s

Jay thanks again for setting this newbie on the path to explore the full potential of the SigBlazer software, as I was only using it for cutting.Also please be tolerant with this newbie question. I must admit that I've jumped head first into the tutorial you've provided but I am stuck.My question is are you using the replicate tool to place/align your newly typed text over the old image being redrawn. I have viewed your video countless times to see if I am missing out on something you did & tried searching the manual but is still blank.Anyway I've tried the replicate tool but I get multiple copies, maybe that's as a result of trying to get rid of the lines etc.Please tell me what it is am I doing wrong, or not doing? You can also point me to the section in the manual which relates to what you've done.

To replicate the text, I knew what font it was (Accent) and just created it in SignBlazer. I could then drag it into place and stretch it to the dimensions that matched the existing .jpg. If I had needed to, I could have used the Node Edit tool to change the kerning or letter spacing of the text. I hope this answers your question.

Jay,

Just want you to know again how much I appreciate the lessons on tracing. I was tracing a couple of things last night just to get the hang of it better. My husband used to use a CAD program and was able to put in a measurement from point a to point b. Do you know if Signblazer will do that. I have used the measure tool, but didn't see if I could insert a number. Again Thanks you have not idea, how much this has helped me.

Jay,

Just want you to know again how much I appreciate the lessons on tracing. I was tracing a couple of things last night just to get the hang of it better. My husband used to use a CAD program and was able to put in a measurement from point a to point b. Do you know if Signblazer will do that. I have used the measure tool, but didn't see if I could insert a number. Again Thanks you have not idea, how much this has helped me.

It doesn't let you do that before you create something but you can set the size after:

http://screencast.com/t/aYC9fNCJVAOe

You can also use the Grid and Snap to grid to create some things the size you want.

http://screencast.com/t/MphybRoPiS

Jay, sorry about the tardy response but you've answered my questions. Thank you very much as I now have a better understanding & is tracing, albeit with errors but I will be putting lots of practice into it. Have a good weekend.

It doesn't let you do that before you create something but you can set the size after:

http://screencast.com/t/aYC9fNCJVAOe

You can also use the Grid and Snap to grid to create some things the size you want.

http://screencast.com/t/MphybRoPiS

Thanks Jay, I'll post photos later of the job you helped me with, Did the install this weekend and customer was very happy

Jay,

I don't mean to nag but I am stuck at the "Outline text & weld the text & barn" level.My last challenge was how to get rid of the guidelines but I researched & found out how to do it. However, when I attempt to do the "Expand Outline" process I get a message which reads, "cannot perform this operation on a bitmap image". Should I vectorize the image before attempting to do the Expand outline, or have I missed a step? Please advise.

Jay,

I don't mean to nag but I am stuck at the "Outline text & weld the text & barn" level.My last challenge was how to get rid of the guidelines but I researched & found out how to do it. However, when I attempt to do the "Expand Outline" process I get a message which reads, "cannot perform this operation on a bitmap image". Should I vectorize the image before attempting to do the Expand outline, or have I missed a step? Please advise.

You are corect. You need to have the text created and selected to perform the outline.Then you select the outline and the barn to weld together.