#21 slice&dice

slice&dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationMidAtlantic Region, USA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

The years fly by, and here we are, left with the delightful legacy created by Jerry Bonham.
Since I began this journey into the realm of computer-cut lettering, I always have admired and appreciated his efforts to provide the cutting/sign-making community with an extremely useful application.

Although this thread has been left dormant, I just discovered a "How To Do It" item that would be nice to offer here --

Fonts sometimes need to be messed-around with, to create effects that aren't straight-line!
The easy way to perform this is type your word(s), select, and then go to the "ARRANGE" menu, choose "Convert to Curves"
Now, you can play around with the font in various ways (Double Click on each letter, and the entire node path is available).

In this example, I skewed the font, and then pulled a few of the corner nodes apart.
(After altering the node points, just return to "Select" and the results will be applied)

Have fun!

Attached Files

• Attached File  draw.JPG   101.42K   3 downloads

#22 jennrsnyder

jennrsnyder

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

How do I shade color in a design when in signblazer can someone please respond for instance its shaded dark as a svg file but when I import it into signblazer as an eps file it only has an out line. I wanted it shaded exactly like the picture.

Thanks,

Jen

Attached Files

#23 Jay2703

Jay2703

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Can you post the .svg file?

24" VinylExpress Enduracut+, SignBlazer, Adobe CS3, InkScape

#24 Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'm trying to open both .eps and .svg files in SB and nothing is happening.  HELP!?

#25 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Signblazer has not been updated for years.Owner passed away several years ago.  Only accepts older .eps files like version 8.  and not svg at all.  You have to convert svg files in Inkscape.org to eps files..

Graphtec FC7000MK2-75 Flexistarter 8.5/8.6 Toshiba laptop Windows XP, Toshiba laptop Windows 7, Flexisigndesigner10

#26 Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

so Ai6 won't work with signblazer?

#27 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

so Ai6 won't work with signblazer?

save files back to older version 8   I have CS2  and I can save back to older version 8  .ai and .eps

You can cut with SCALP. it came with your cutter, and has the plugin for Illustrator.   If you already have a great design software, why use Signblazer?  All you need is a great cutting software.  I use Flexistarter for my cutting software..  with a Graphtec cutter.  Can be had for under $130 on the big auction site.

Yes, you can cut with Signblazer,  but remember to save files back to older versions.  This is abandon ware, and will not be updated.

Graphtec FC7000MK2-75 Flexistarter 8.5/8.6 Toshiba laptop Windows XP, Toshiba laptop Windows 7, Flexisigndesigner10

#28 Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Yeah....I think I'll uninstall.  thanks :)

#29 slice&dice

slice&dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationMidAtlantic Region, USA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yeah....I think I'll uninstall.  thanks :)

Just remember,  SCAL will limit you to a total working area of 200" and the text-handling capabilities are none too good.

(you cannot even type in two lines of text using the RETURN key)

I have used Flexi in the past and simply love it.

However, I remained with SignBlazer because of the 'cartoon' appearing interface.  Go figure !!!

#30 Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

What if you do all of your text in illustrator? is that the way to go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users