Jerry Bonham

How To Do It in SignBlazer.

I promised that i would start this section.

Any one can contribute.

And any one can ask questions on any of the items posted.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

My First Post will be how to get lots of great free clipart.

And how to get it into SignBlazer with just SINGLE CLICK.

This is about those fonts called DINGBATS.

There are thousands available.

Here is a great site with free ones to download.

http://www.dingbatdepot.com/

Before you start here is how to use them.

1. Open SignBlazer.

2. Click on text to bring your text editor up on the screen.

3. You will have a font called Windings there. (or even 3).

4. Choose one of these fonts.

5. Click on the screen with your cursor.

6. RH Click on the screen to get rid of the text dialog box.

7. You will see on the bottom of the screen this

8. Simply use the left or right arrow to scroll right thought the entire font.

9. When there is a blinking text cursor on the screen simply click on any image.

10 There it is on your screen ready to cut.

This is so easy.

Enjoy.,

Jerry from SignBlazer.

post-1153-12986515515377_thumb.jpg

post-1153-12986515539282_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is cool Jerry. I never really knew what that was for at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks again. Keep em coming.

Trying to get time, however the next one will be what you can do with the tool called "expand".

I bet none of you know how really useful this tool is.

Well soon i will be posting a how to on it.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry how do you down load the fonts from different sites or import purchased fonts and when is your next post going to be?

David

new copam 2500 purchaser  lovin it

It saddens me to inform you of this but Jerry passed away not long ago. I know that you are new to this forum and that you were unaware of this. Jerry was a wealth of information to us all on SignBlazer and on signmaking in general and he will be greatly missed. I'm sure I speak for others when I say "welcome to this great forum". There are many people here that will gladly help you with any questions that you might have and I'm speaking from experience. Now as far as loading fonts for SignBlazer, you have a font folder located in the SignBlazer directory that you can install the font you want to use. This will allow you to use that specific font in SignBlazer only or you can install the font in the Windows font folder and I think that will allow you to use it in SignBlazer also. Be careful on the number of fonts you install though because it can really slow down your computer. I hope this helped.

When I first ran SB I was able to modify the borders to get different styles, now it looks like I just get a square. Did I gum something up or is my mind drifting into senility?? ;D

Once you select borders. right click in the desktop. You should be able to change your border style.

Hi thanks this looks good... I have tried this and down loaded them ( 3 ) and then when I opened to import in SB it went abit mad and locked up..

I can see other windings on the bottom bar that's a great tip thanks

so what I am asking is.. where's the best place to down load the files from that great site?

in fonts? or just on my computer some where??

I promised that i would start this section.

Any one can contribute.

And any one can ask questions on any of the items posted.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hi Jerry,

I'm new to SignBlazer and have just downloaded the Trial Version. How to you "Bold" text? - I've searched high & low without success :(

Regards ....... visionofchange

Hi Jerry,

I'm new to SignBlazer and have just downloaded the Trial Version. How to you "Bold" text? - I've searched high & low without success :(

Regards ....... visionofchange

Sad to say Jerry passed away a few years ago so there is no support for that software other than the forum

I did a search IN the SignBlazer section ( Bold ) & this was the 9th thread down . :)

When I first started with SB and US Cutter, I found I couldn't use the USB port to transfer files. things just went 'wonky'. It would cut part of the design then it would just cut a line to the right side of the design and stop. So, on to using a serial port. Worked Great! Now, a few years later, New Computer - no serial ports. So I'm using a USB to serial adapter and we've gone back to the old way. Every design gets messed up. what can I do to fix it?

This should have been a new topic instead of posting in an old one on a totally different subject.

The years fly by, and here we are, left with the delightful legacy created by Jerry Bonham.

Since I began this journey into the realm of computer-cut lettering, I always have admired and appreciated his efforts to provide the cutting/sign-making community with an extremely useful application.

Although this thread has been left dormant, I just discovered a "How To Do It" item that would be nice to offer here --

Fonts sometimes need to be messed-around with, to create effects that aren't straight-line!

The easy way to perform this is type your word(s), select, and then go to the "ARRANGE" menu, choose "Convert to Curves"

Now, you can play around with the font in various ways (Double Click on each letter, and the entire node path is available).

In this example, I skewed the font, and then pulled a few of the corner nodes apart.

(After altering the node points, just return to "Select" and the results will be applied)

Have fun!

post-21408-0-41686200-1344781224.jpg

• Like 3

How do I shade color in a design when in signblazer can someone please respond for instance its shaded dark as a svg file but when I import it into signblazer as an eps file it only has an out line. I wanted it shaded exactly like the picture.

Thanks,

Jen

post-33627-0-08176900-1371843003_thumb.j

Signblazer has not been updated for years.Owner passed away several years ago.  Only accepts older .eps files like version 8.  and not svg at all.  You have to convert svg files in Inkscape.org to eps files..