Dr12volt1338

Printer for static cling

I just had a customer present me with the opportunity to print some advertising pieces for him. He wants them to be printed on static cling wrap. I have no experience with this and was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of what I need to get started as far as a printer and material. The widest I would need to print would be around 14" and the longest length would be maybe 24". I need to know what I need as far as sealing the ink to the cling and what not. I have all the software I think I would need as he has a different Graphics guy designing all the wraps I just to be able to accept the file and print them on the sheets or rolls of Cling however they come and get them back to the gentleman to be shipped out. I have read alot on the WF1100 and would like to use that as I am a fan of Epson but will this printer do what I am after. Also can I use this to print on vinyl stickers......??

i can print the stickers for you, but not the clings yet. i am still trying to nail that part down.

pm me for pricing

I guess I don't understand what is so difficult about the clings. Can someone give me some more insight on what is so difficult. This are going to be very temporary displays but I haven't read anywhere what is so difficult.

I can print on static cling material.I print and contour cling material all the time for car lots and stuff locally...Either white or clear..If you choose the clear anything white will be clear..Just PM me with the info you need and I can price you accordingly..

I do all the printing of stickers and stuff along with Jfought and a few others on here, just an FYI...We all do alot of the same printing just different printers...

Static clings are screen printed with the correct type of ink...

I print static clings all the time with my Mutoh..No screen printing required...I just can't print white on a clear cling..But I do print on white clings though to get around it...

There is quite a difference in quality between screen printed and inkjet printed static cling......With screen printing the colour are bold and durable....With ink jet printing the colours are dull and not as durable.....If the quantity is small then you might be left with no option except for ink jet printing....Best to get samples of both and look at them side by side so you can make an informed decision....

With this job they are very temp so durability is no issue. The designs will all be different the concept for this is like the place mats in diners with all the different ads on them except we are doing them in cling and sticking them on a piece of tin attached to the wall. Will the inkjet work with this type of application? Printing on white would be just fine with me I don't care what the background color is.

I print static clings all the time with my Mutoh..No screen printing required...I just can't print white on a clear cling..But I do print on white clings though to get around it...

A good way around the lack of white ink is to lay white cut vinyl over it. This allows for reverse printing clear clings with white in the pattern. We do this all the time and even contour cut it.