Sign in to follow this  
tabndust

finishing banner edges

Right now all my banners I use are hemmed and grommeted when I order them. I'm wanting to buy my banners by the roll but the 13oz I want has no finished edges. I can do the grommet part. The tapes I've found work on up to 10oz. And it doesn't hold very well. Is there something else I can do to them without buying a hemming machine? Maybe iron them? Thanks for the help

Right now all my banners I use are hemmed and grommeted when I order them. I'm wanting to buy my banners by the roll but the 13oz I want has no finished edges. I can do the grommet part. The tapes I've found work on up to 10oz. And it doesn't hold very well. Is there something else I can do to them without buying a hemming machine? Maybe iron them? Thanks for the help

You can buy a commercial sewing machine for about $500 or less. Hem tape is not reliable on anything over 10oz.

Unless you are printing the banners, I would just buy them pre-made.

Unless you are printing the banners, I would just buy them pre-made.

+1 on that. save yourself time and money. personaly i print them so i bought a double needle sewing machine to finish mine.

you can send them to me and i will sew them for you ;D;D

I realize for printed banners you have to finish them yourself, but for cut vinyl what is the math on them.....For example what is the raw materials cost on a 2 x 6 banner?....How much time to finish them?....

SignWarehouse is .26 per sq ft for 38" wide banner material. That's about $6.25 for a 3 x 8 banner.

I would pay 15.00 for a finished 3 x 8 blank (full 36" x 96")...How long does it take to grommet and hem a 3 x 8 banner?...

I run a full-time business. I never know what size banners someone will need. I stock hemmed and grommeted ROLLS in all widths. All I have to do is sew the raw edges. About 2 minutes for the average banner. It would be virtually impossible for me to have all sizes of pre-made banners in stock. Occasionally, I get a specific request down to the 1/2 inch.