LW Designs

Vinyl Banner Shipping

Is this how USCutter normally ships there banners? They are extremely wrinkled! Anyone have any advise on how to get them to lay smooth? Any help would be appreciated - I have called and emailed general support with no help whatsoever! I have to get them done by Saturday!

Thank you!

post-13160-0-65873100-1318867475_thumb.j

• Like 1

If it were summer I would say let them lay in the sun for a bit... otherwise you can try hanging them from ceiling somehow or high on a wall to use gravity to make them straight- and if need be a little heat from say a hair dryer on high... or heat gun on VERY low to hit the wrinkles.

Is this how USCutter normally ships there banners? They are extremely wrinkled! Anyone have any advise on how to get them to lay smooth? Any help would be appreciated - I have called and emailed general support with no help whatsoever! I have to get them done by Saturday!

Thank you!

This is why I never order individual banners. USC is not the only ones to ship that way. You could ask them to roll all banners on one roll,with a cardboard tube in the center. That is pretty much the only way you're going to avoid this.They will do the same thing if you store them lying flat in your shop,unless you roll them very tightly.

Thank you for your advice and I will try the hair dryer method. BannerJohn I will remember this in the future - Thank you!

I will call this to the attention of the shipping dept. That is indeed a poor way to ship banners. You can't fight gravity and physics.

Anytime I have purchased banners online, this is the way I have received them. Another reason I started buying locally.

Jay

Anytime I have purchased banners online, this is the way I have received them. Another reason I started buying locally.

Jay

The guy I buy my pre-made banners from always rolls them all together..not individually, I have never had a bad one.Never.

I use the same guy as John from time to time and they always arrive perfect....

and the price is right too, huh,Roxy?

I pay 8.80 each for 24" x 72" and I have them in a week....This is the price for 10 at a time.....And the size is a full 24"......

I pay 8.80 each for 24" x 72" and I have them in a week....This is the price for 10 at a time.....And the size is a full 24"......

does that include shipping? I have wondered what shipping to Canada would be.

This is what I pay and have them next day:

you're paying too much and not getting full widths.When I sell a 2x6 banner, it is 24" x72". If it isn't, I hear about it.

I get them shipped to my US address.....

smart move. I can't imagine why anyone would pay almost double for banners than we are paying.

Thank you for all your replies. I guess I'm just frustrated that I have to go through extra steps before I can even start laying on the vinyl for the jobs that I have. I priced them figuring just the cut, weeding, layering not extra time for using a hair dryer to try to get them to lay flat. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. BannerJohn can you please PM me the vendor that you use? Thanks again.

UPDATE - Just received an email for USCutter and they are shipping me out 3 new banners. I called them and ask them to roll them all together. Hopefully, they come not so wrinkled this time.

smart move. I can't imagine why anyone would pay almost double for banners than we are paying.

I pay a couple dollars more each because I don't need five or ten of them and I can have them the next day. My customer doesn't mind having then 22' instead of the full 24" of paying the extra to get them sooner.

So no stock on hand?......What if your client needs a banner today?.....

I tell them they can have it tomorrow.

I try not to stock too much as inventory is evil.

“The more inventory a company has, the less likely they will have what they need.” - Taiichi Ohno

I do not encougage folks to wait to the last minute, however, I probably sold at least 10 banners and/or signs in the last year for events that were a few hours away...So I take the opposite view as far as inventory......"No inventory is evil"....My inventory is not huge, however, I always have 2 x 6, 3 x10 and 4 x 8 banner blanks on hand......I also have over 300 t-shirts.....For those last minute "hen party" shirts....

Jay

I buy from Fellers Local when i get my banners !!!