cncartworks

Here I go again

I made a drawing in another program. Then I exported it as an EPS. When I import it into Flexi it looks good, It does have arrows showing cutter direction , ( i am assuming).

When I go to cut it , the cutter is puting in what seems to be weeding cutouts. If it wern't for that It would be fine.I attached a photo example.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Go to the advanced tab when it opens in the production window and uncheck weed border and easy weeding.

Why what? If you are talking about the weed lines,I'm sure once you have your hands with the vinyl you are weeding and trying to weed out a smaller area,and end up laying the scrap vinyl down on the vinyl and letting it stick to the design you will find the reason for weed lines.When you have to pull it off the design it will pull your design loose from the silicone back and sometimes stretch the vinyl where you have had to pull the bad part away.It also leaves adhesive residue on the area where it stuck.And if you have a design with fine detail it will usually pull the detailed parts with it and you will have to cut the design again.

I should have been more precise. I used the weeding line on a 20 piece job that had 2 inch to 3/4 inch letters and it came out fine. So I left the settings in when I did this job. Why did it cut the weeding lines into the letters ? I would think that it would have cut the weeding outside . Does it have something to do with the EPS import?

hats why I want to buy the Flexi CD, so I don't have to ask these questions. Any suggeestion on who to get it from. I got no answer from the guy I got the program from.

If you go to the last item on the top right of flexi to the help section,it does have an index of help.I don't think the cd is going to give you much more than that section.But even when I import an eps graphic into flexi,I always run either autotrace or bezier,then I clear out the imported image and go to arrange and save it as an fs file before I take it to production.If you do it that way,then the program sets the pattern for the cut.If you just bring up an eps file and send it to production,you are basically depending on the file itself to be right instead of the program making it cuttable.

Ok, i'll play with it.The program that I usually use for my eps creation is Artcam, which is usually pretty good about perfection.

Unless you can get artcam to read and cut through the program the precision doesn't make a difference.You can have a great looking design through just about any graphics program,but it has to be set into language for the cutter to understand.And sometimes those eps files just don't have the info on cuts and placement.It could be that artcam is a cad-cam program,and it's placing more nodes in it than needed for flexi to read properly and cut.

Ok, I can understand that. Maybe I can get a postprocessor setup from them of Vetric for the MH 721 . Now that wood be cool.

I never thought of that possibility...

I've never worked with artcam,but if they have a processor to run the 721 it would save you a step or two.And it would probably make it easier since you are familiar with that program.