Sign in to follow this  
greenistheway

Need help installing drivers for my cutter

Hi Ihave a MH 871-MK2 cutter and I have install all the drivers that you can found on suppor.uscutter.com and nothing works...this is frustrating me can someone help plese ASAP

have you read everything in the Newbie Manual? download in first post, You also need to give more info if you expect to get help. Such as what vinyl cutter? What operating system? USB or serial? What cutting software? Exactly what is the problem? What all have you tried to do? Are you getting an error code? Without the necessary info it's only a guess to help you.

Hi well the cutter is the US cutter MH 871-MK2 and it's running on a windows 7 64 bit. and I'm connecting the cutter with the usb cable and I tried to cut with sign blazer and signcut pro and nothing happens, with sign blazer it shows a message that cannot open the output device, error initializing cutter and well I have downloaded all the drivers that US cutter have for the MH series cutter and nothing have worked and no I don't get any error code. Any help will be like heaven to me. thanks

are you sure the com port numbers are matching in your computer device manager and Signblazer? / Signcut?

Have you read thru here?

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/30/0/establishing-communication

You can also put in a ticket for tech support.

and it is always best to run on a Keyspan adapter. Can be purchased on US Cutter, and numerous other sites, That is the Brand name.

http://www.uscutter.com/KEYSPAN-USB-SERIAL-ADAPTER-KSPADAPT

nothing works men, there's can be a way that the machine is broke or something? I mean like when I press the test button it work good but maybe there's a part of the machine broke... I don't know this is so frustrating :huh: ???

your computer is not communicating with your cutter. Try a different computer if there is one available. Like I said, put it on serial cable. USB is not the way to go. Once you get it going you will probably still have problems. Go to Radio Shack or another electronics store close by, and get a Keyspan adapter or similar USB to serial cable. A good one.

Or wait til Monday and contact tech support.

have you even tried a different USB cable?

have you tried this?

STEP 1- Navigate to the "Device Manager" on your computer. (if you're using XP you can get there via: Start, Control Panel, then click System, then click on the Hardware tab. Vista/7 click the windows orb, then control panel, then Device Manager) You should see a listing named ports if you have the cutter turned on and plugged in to the PC. Expand the '+' or the arrow symbol to see what is present under Ports. You should see something like "Communications Port (Com1)" and "ECP Printer Port (LPT1)". If you have your cutter connected with a USB cable you'll see something like USB serial device (COM"x"). Double check which com port the PC has assigned it by unplugging the cutter from the computer. You should see the Port disappear. Plug it back in; the one that reappears is the cutter's COM port. (the COM numer should be between 1 & B) If you don't see the PORTS listing, or you get USB not recognized; your cutter is not connected or not being recognized by the Computer. You need to A: reinstall the driver which can be found here: http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view ... and/or B: Try connecting the cable to a different place on the computer. If the cutter is still not recognized, try a different cable altogether.

STEP 2- This is more dependent upon the software you're using, ie: Flexi, SignCut, SignBlazer; but the principle is the same. You have to make sure that the COM port you're program is SENDING the cut jobs out on, is the same one that you computer has issued to the cutter- the one listed in the device manager. So if in Device Manager, USB serial device (COM3) appeared when you plugged in the cutter you want the software's "output device" to be set to the same port. In SignBlazer this can be found by clicking the "Cutter" button at the top of the screen, then the "Set Up" button. . In SignCut this can also be found by clicking the “Cutter” button. The cutter listed should be yours, and the output device should match the COM port in the Device Manager.

STEP 3- Check the physical connection ports on the Computer and the Cutter. Are they lose? Do they wiggle? Did you try plugging into a different port?

STEP 4- Try using a different Communication cable, such as a new/different USB cable or better yet, a serial cable (will be COM1). In my experience, data transmission over USB can be more easily interrupted than a Serial connection.

STEP 5- If your cutter is still not working properly, it’s time to Submit a ticket to our technical support team: http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Here is more info on Keyspan from an ad. It has it's own CD driver with it.

From manufacturer

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914&gclid=CLLltv2i66sCFTMBQAodejh_JQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

You connect a serial cable to your 9 pin connection on your vinyl cutter, then the serial cable to the 9 pin connection of the Keyspan adapter, Usb end of Keyspan to your computer USB port

Idk if this will help or if anyone has found a solution but my cutter was not being recognized on windows 10 it worked with windows 7. so i reverted back to windows 7 and it was still not recognizing the cutter. I tried many cables many drivers everything i could think of but the issue was the usb port was bent if you take the serial screws off the plate(the 2 nuts with threads) on the side and remover the 4 black screws on the inner side of the cutter you can access the board and my port was bent to one side and it had a tab not connecting(Looks like a L on its side) i am assuming its some kind of ground i slowly bent everything back to straight and made sure the tab was touching again and it instantly started working and being recognized within windows.

Hope this helps some people.