Sign in to follow this  
Guest Finishing Touch

Copam Cutter and Sunlight

Guest matt72

Hi everyone

I recently went to a RV show as a vendor and took my Copam 2500 with me. I had some major issue with the sunlight i wanted to share in case anyone has the problems i did. Sunlight interferes with the measuring causing the vinyl to roll right out of the back.I am 100% sure the sunlight caused this issue, we took our ez-up, had my banners across the back and 1 on the side. Now we were in a baseball stadium and in the morning when the sun was behind us and coming in my cutter was not measuring properly and as soon as the sun was atop of us it worked like cake. I am positive it was the sun. next show i am going to put up my 3 walls and see how it goes i will let you know.

I just wanted to share this information, if anyone takes their cutter out to a craft, boat, any type of show where we can benefit. be mindful of sunlight and measuring.

Thank You for your time.

Way the sun was hitting the unit may have messed up the optical eye that reads the material when measuring. Wonder if you could have shaded it when it was acting up to get it to measure correctly...