i cannot get the driver to install on windows 7, the tutorial shows port that mine does not have, so i created a new default printer, installed the driver through there, still the port did not show but somehow it made a cut through corel x3 after i got a error about bitmaps.

then i installed signblazer and it put the driver in again and i cannot get any communication to the plotter, at least it was sort of working before signblazer was installed. now i install the driver and it looks like it installs, usb plug and play dominates it, says MHseries in the plug and play info, says no driver installed if i look at the properties for MHseries.

please help, i have too much on the line here, i was homeless and i saved money for the entire summer to start my business by doing handyman work, became sober to do this, i feel real good, its my last chance to make something of my art degree, got the computer last month, plotter last few days, im almost back on my feet and can't afford to have problems like this.... about to send this thing back and im gonna end up with all this vinyl going in the trash and im going to be on the streets again...

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 6X

WIN7 64bit

8gb mem

ATi 6950 2gb

im going to uninstall all the software,.

Welcome,,Here is the newbie manual.. Download in first post. If that doesn't help you, contact tech support, Goodluck.

Welcome,,Here is the newbie manual.. Download in first post. If that doesn't help you, contact tech support, Goodluck.

i went trough this stuff, it doesnt really explain windows 7 problems and the plotter i use is very different than the one used as example.

atleast i know SignBlazer is set up right now :^)

i get a failure to initialize error, so it must be on the driver end of this...

1aerror.jpg

I GOT IT TO WORK, WOOOO HOOOO

the crazy thing is, 2 problems, not mentioned in the tutorials. might have something to do with windows 7 service pack.

the driver needs to be executed in compatibility settings "Run As Administrator" to properly install. i would include this in the download section for AMD 64bit systems. dont just run it in administrator mode, check the check box in the compatibility settings...

and my ports are completely different,

USB001 Virtual Port for USB on the printer properties.

Sign Blazer

Output device USB001

Thanks Skeeter, i still needed your help for the other setting or this wouldn't have jived.

now i got to figure out how to keep my Pressure tracking wheels not to destroy the vinyl and my blade depth is a little too much, the blade is barely sticking out...

Well great, You can take the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, with alot of pressure, cut a piece of vinyl, it should cut the vinyl and barely make a mark on the backing paper. Adjust to that. Most all vinyl cutters leave wheel tracks on the vinyl. They go away, when the vinyl is applied.

So you got it working it seems?

yes sir, knock on my particle board desk. im so tired it feels like someone threw a ashtray in my face, i ran my mouth so much to possible customers, i have 5 different orders and was stressing out loosing them, i went out and applied someone elses stickers on a truck today.

when i was running the self install driver it was just flashing the cmd window so fast i coudn't read it, it wasnt installing the 64bit thing at all. when it worked properly it took a while to go in, out of frustration i changed the SB output port to match what the computer default port usb001, then the machine came alive, i did the test cut in SB "welcome to SBE etc." i cut it at 70mm/s 050g pressure, it cut alot better than my first try.

Thanks all for the support. good people here.

out of frustration,,, i changed the SB output port to match what the computer default port usb001

absolutely these have to match or it will not work.

Also, always best to leave your cutter and computer plugged in to each other. Always best to have the cutter on a dedicated computer. I don't even upgrade my computers I stay back on XP. with an XP back up computer. You don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter. Alot of great deals on XP computers on EBAY even with serial on them. Alot $100 or less shipped.