Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

CE5000-60 Tighten blade carriage

How do you tighten the blade carriage on the ce5000-60?

Remove the black cover 2 screws, also you will have to remove the cover on the top,2 screws. There you will see 2 rollers with 2 more screws move the carriage so that the rollers or wheels are snug should not have any play in them.

Remove the black cover 2 screws, also you will have to remove the cover on the top,2 screws. There you will see 2 rollers with 2 more screws move the carriage so that the rollers or wheels are snug should not have any play in them.

These are tight...The issue I have is that you can put your finger behind the carrage and move your finger towards you and it wobbles.

It has play back and forth vertical wise....Hope that that is not confusing.

Thanks...How would I tighten this?

These are tight...The issue I have is that you can put your finger behind the carrage and move your finger towards you and it wobbles.

It has play back and forth vertical wise....Hope that that is not confusing.

Thanks...How would I tighten this?

Did you loosen them and adjust the carriage til it is tight? the 2 screws that run in the groove, are the ones that need to be tightened up. hope this helps.

This description on how to tighten the blade carriage was not described to the fullest. ..

you must remove the top two screws and remove the left side end cap (3screws) then you will see how the top kinda clips in. It clips in on the left side the same way..

then unscrew the 2 screws holding the green computer chip. The computer chip does not need to be removed completley, carefully move it out of your way.

Next losen one or both screws holding the wheel guide in place and adjust accordingly.

as far as I have seen those are the only two wheels that would need adjusting.

Finally, reverse the steps and the blade carriage should be taught.