dgdleon

Members Help on pricing

Im a graphic designer i work alot with prints, but i just started to cutting and i dont have any idea in how to charge.

A customer asked me to do his store front with logos that his store cares.

is my first time, installing in windows and doing such a big decals (how do i price the install when I know that it will take me a lot longer because it's my first?)

the total is 16 logos on the average of 37"x24" two color layered Oracal 651

i have traced 7 logos in Illustrator complicated logos that took 8hrs

and i have prepared 8 logos to cut that i had on stock.

as always i have made several visits to my customer to show him print proofs of the work made in photoshop.

attached is a photo of the 4 windows

all comments/advice/criticism welcome

hope somebody could help me out.

Juan Deleon

post-19731-0-77514500-1317443018_thumb.j

There is not a logo there that should need tracing.....If your client is "authorized" to use them, they will be able to get the files you need from the respective suppliers......

As far a price, I would be at 0.08 or 0.105 per square inch (1 colour or 2 colours) using 751.....Plus an extra 5.00 for each logo....

Make dang sure their authorised to use all of those logos. Pretty sure they are all highly trademarked and copywritten. Also be sure to not violate any of the companies standards of color, size and other general graphical display guidelines of use.

I would get a letter from them as well stating they are authorised to use them and have recieved permission from each supplier as well to cover your own backside.

Only takes one glance from a sales rep stopping by to check product or a drive-by of one of the copywrite nazi's and your hosed for sure.

There is not a logo there that should need tracing.....If your client is "authorized" to use them, they will be able to get the files you need from the respective suppliers......

As far a price, I would be at 0.08 or 0.105 per square inch (1 colour or 2 colours) using 751.....Plus an extra 5.00 for each logo....

If he is an 'authorized' dealer for those brands, he probably has the right to use the logos. As an 'authorized' dealer for Naugahyde brand vinyl, I did.

the owner told me she was an authorized dealer for those brands and somehow they are going to help her with the invoice.

i traced the logos, i ask her for the artwork but she doesn't know much about files o computers so i did the artwork.

thank you for all the advices!

i really appreciated it.

Make dang sure their authorised to use all of those logos. Pretty sure they are all highly trademarked and copywritten. Also be sure to not violate any of the companies standards of color, size and other general graphical display guidelines of use.

I would get a letter from them as well stating they are authorised to use them and have recieved permission from each supplier as well to cover your own backside.

Only takes one glance from a sales rep stopping by to check product or a drive-by of one of the copywrite nazi's and your hosed for sure.

thank you !

tomorrow im going to ask for that