abullock22

setting a start point for cutting vinyl

I have bought myself a graphtec ce5000-60 and finally got it cutting yesterday after wrestling with illustrator and sign blazer all week,for whatever reason sign blazer was cutting random lines and behaving like my plotter was broken and was really turnign me off the whole idea. So as a last resort i downloaded my copy of cutting master and corel and quickly i was cutting out some small decals with ease- great!

my only problem is trying to set the page up correctly and knowing exactly where the cutter is going to cut. I had everything grouped in the bottom right hand corner of the page in corel, and when i hit print i made sure the layout tab i had reposiiton images to: bottom right corner but when it printed the cutter seemed to goto the middle of the vinyl and cut there, the cut came out perfectly but the positioning of artwork is confusing me. Essentially when i get jobs i would like to just group everything on the page in corel and just hit send so knowing my start point is crucial to how i like to work - so my question is, does anyone know of any links which shows how to set a page up for print in corel? or can any explain how i need to set up the cutter and artwork to know exactly where the cutter will start.

Sorry a bit of a ramble but hopefully gives some insight.

Thanks

anyone? :huh:

I am not familiar with the Graphtec. I have a Laser pointcutter and you have to set the X, Y Axes to 0 where you would like the cutter tostart the cut, from the cutter control panel.

Haveyou tried this yet?

i have used the set start point but still nothing, it still moves position when it starts cutting - any other ideas?

i have used the set start point but still nothing, it still moves position when it starts cutting - any other ideas?

Sorry, someone with a Graphtec will need to help you.

I have no clue as to cutmaster? But with Corel, the bottom-right of your page would print/cut as the bottom-right of the output page which might be the middle of your vinyl. Try the top-left of the page in Corel and see what happens...

If that's not it, look at some of the setting in your cutting software that may re-position the output.

I'm pretty new to cutting as well, so take this with a grain of salt. I use Corel and Cutting Master with my CE5000 as well. My jobs seem to default to the front right edge of the vinyl. Once I load my roll, hit "roll 1" and set the origin it cuts exactly where my image appears on the vinyl in cutting master. Are you loading your roll, then selecting "roll 1"? Have you tried starting with your cutter at the right side of the vinyl and hitting "origin"? The cutter should begin cutting wherever you set the origin.