Stlouistech

Graphtec CE5000-60 24"

I have a Grahtec CE5000-60..

When I do a test cut via the Graphtec, it cuts a square with a triangle in the middle of it.

The issue I am having is that

On the top right corner and the bottom left corner of the test cut square, those two are at an angle and not straight....Is this the offset?

look at your blade. make sure nothing in the blade holder. You are checking with the blade? Right? Drop of oil. A Graphtec runs on offset 0 zero

If used unit may need a new blade holder. You didn't state new or used Graphtec.

look at your blade. make sure nothing in the blade holder. You are checking with the blade? Right? Drop of oil. A Graphtec runs on offset 0 zero

If used unit may need a new blade holder. You didn't state new or used Graphtec.

Nothing in blade holder, I am checking with the blade. The offset is at 0.... Drop of oil in the holder?

Nothing in blade holder, I am checking with the blade. The offset is at 0.... Drop of oil in the holder?

yes, drop of oil in the holder. so the blade spins freely, 3-1, sewing machine,

make sure the spring is alright.

Make sure the blade holder is firmly all the way down in the carriage head, where it belongs

So, is it a new or used cutter?

yes, drop of oil in the holder. so the blade spins freely, 3-1, sewing machine,

I will try this, I think the blade is spinning freely....When I send a job to it, all the corners are at an angle...

post some pictures, if you can. Not sure what you mean exactly. I always run test 2, (tech said to). Do those CE5000 have several different tests, 1-2 etc. When you run test 2, the middle triangle is supposed to be the good one.

post some pictures, if you can. Not sure what you mean exactly. I always run test 2, (tech said to). Do those CE5000 have several different tests, 1-2 etc.

Tried to get pictures, really can't...The test cut is pretty small....I also see when weeding the test cuts that the triangle inside the square does not have straight lines.

This has me puzzled.

look at your cutting strip for gouges. Try a new blade

Cutting strip is brand new, I will order a blade. I was reading on the T-shirt forum that people say the rails are out of alignment....Figures as I bought this used...

Cutting strip is brand new, I will order a blade. I was reading on the T-shirt forum that people say the rails are out of alignment....Figures as I bought this used...

[/quote

do your self a favor..order more than 1 blade.

I have had my cutter for over 3 years (bought new) and have never had a problem with it, and cut almost everyday.

When I do the test cut from the Graphtec Cutting software, the circle is not even round, it turns out oval...he corner of the square also is not square...It is rounded like the "test" cut button.

I will order some new blades tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, hopefully the new blades fix it...

When I do the test cut from the Graphtec Cutting software, the circle is not even round, it turns out oval...he corner of the square also is not square...It is rounded like the "test" cut button.

I will order some new blades tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, hopefully the new blades fix it...

didn't you have the previous owner cut something for you before buying?

Goodluck with your problem.

didn't you have the previous owner cut something for you before buying?

Goodluck with your problem.

The previous owner lives 8 hours away from me, the individual is a very known and well liked forum member.

The previous owner lives 8 hours away from me, the individual is a very known and well liked forum member.

well, can't they help you then? They should know everything about that machine

Contact Graphtec tech support.

Sometimes things happen , I know of another deal that didn't go as said . Karma is not prejudiced at all .

Hey STL,

Make sure your carriage is setting in the groves on the top and the bottom bothe..Also make sure your blade is resting all the way to the metal part of the holder..The ring on the holder itself should set flat on the metal holding arm..If not it will also cut like you stated too..

Hope it helps..

stetson5331