abullock22

sign blazer elements with graphtec ce5000-60

For whatever reason i cant get the cutter to start cutting at the start of the vinyl, it seems to spool the vinyl for random distances and then start cutting at random places. Is this a setting on the graphtec cutter or in signblazer? Ideally i want the cutter to start cutting form wherever i locate the knife - any ideas on what im doing wrong. I was reading something about changing the the gp-gl to hp-gl in the command settings - but i dont know where those settings are located.

thanks guys

andy

Hit the arrow on your cutter and then when it gets to roll 1 thats what you want you must have it set on sheet...

thanks, i do have it on sheet, i actually did it on roll 1 the first time and it just spooled about 4 ft of vinyl then cut the artwork, to avoid doing that again i cut off a small section of vinyl and kept the setting at "sheet" to test with.

I will retry at rool 1 and see if it makes any diffrence

so just gave that a try and it comes up with "no media" in the graphtec display

thanks, i do have it on sheet, i actually did it on roll 1 the first time and it just spooled about 4 ft of vinyl then cut the artwork, to avoid doing that again i cut off a small section of vinyl and kept the setting at "sheet" to test with.

I will retry at roll 1 and see if it makes any difference

so just gave that a try and it comes up with "no media" in the graphtec display

Turn your machine off, then turn it on, put your vinyl in then lower the arm onto the vinyl, hit the arrow on roll 1 then hit enter then your graphic or text and it so work fine...

thanks for your help mr300s

i tried what you said again last night and it was still giving me greif so i decided to step away before i started to rage lol - i will try again tonight