Sign in to follow this  
Dakar

Contour cutting on mac with Graphtec CE5000

Hi all,

My goal is to be able to contour cut, and kiss cut.

I am looking to see what software is needed in order to contour cut on the graphtec CE5000. I am a hobbiest, so it needs to be a budget friendly solution. I am currently using flexiStarter 8 on Mac(maybe I can do it with this and just don't know?). I design everything in illustrator and just use flexi to cut.

Thanks,

Dakar

Hi all,

My goal is to be able to contour cut, and kiss cut.

I am looking to see what software is needed in order to contour cut on the graphtec CE5000. I am a hobbiest, so it needs to be a budget friendly solution. I am currently using flexiStarter 8 on Mac(maybe I can do it with this and just don't know?). I design everything in illustrator and just use flexi to cut.

Thanks,

Dakar

What is wrong with the the FREE Cutting Master 2 that comes with the Graphtec CE5000? Can't that be used on MAC?

there are videos on youtube.com

What is wrong with the the FREE Cutting Master 2 that comes with the Graphtec CE5000? Can't that be used on MAC?

their are videos on youtube.com

Hmm... I'll check it out. I just always used Flexistarter. I'll post up if I figure it out using cm2.

I have the same set up - Graphtec/MAC. I use Inkscape to design (free) and SignCut Pro to cut. I spent all day yesterday with Graphtec support (no help there) and found out that the CutMaster2 software is a PLUGIN for AI or COREL. It is not a stand alone program and is not compatible with Inkscape. The technician said that if I would buy AI or Corel, then he would help me...

Have you had any luck since you posted this?

I have not really had time to look into it. I installed the plug-in on illy and tried to contour cut, but it said error on my cutter. I have not tried cutting from the plug-in since. I will post up if I figure it out.