Sign in to follow this  
MarcelC

Forum Rules discussion

As you all know the forum has grown very large very fast so we found it necessary implement some basic guidelines. I locked the topic because we want it to stand alone as a notice, and don't want tons of objections or suggestions added to that particular posting. If you do have comments please post them in this topic. The rules may change over time but I think most everyone will agree that they are fair and in the best interest of everyone in the forum.

Additionally I wanted to set some reasonable expectations for our support boundaries and limits. As you can imagine we are asked all kinds of questions by email, phone, and forum about plotters and sign making. Although we try, it is impossible for us to answer all of these questions especially on things like how to make signs or detailed graphics etc. That is why we created the forum in the first place so everyone can help each other and share information. Knowledge is power, share it!

Just one more thing I wanted to mention, contrary to popular belief we are not open 24/7. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, Pacific Time, and this is subject to change. I can't speak for the other guys here, but if someone posts on the weekend asking why we aren't answering our emails or phone it's because I'm probably up on a mountain somewhere carving up some fresh powder on my snowboard  :happy10:

That's about right.You're out there carving up fresh powder while I'm in the sweat shop carving out fresh vinyl.

I'm a big believer in enjoying life, something a lot of people in this great country forget how to do :toothy2:

Believe me when I am here I do work very hard so it's not all fun and games for me. One thing I really respect about you and a lot of people in this forum is that you all seem to really enjoy what you do in the sign business. I must be great to be able to use the right side your brain and creative skills to make a living. If I had half the creativity some of you had I'd probably be making signs all hours of the night too.

Well,being left handed,I'm in my right mind all of the time(hehehe).It must be enjoyment that keeps me up all night.I just get so lost in the work I forget the time.But I think part of it is spending close to 40 years of my life playing music.After you get through with a gig and load the equipment and get back to the house,it's 4 or 5 in the morning.But I couldn't enjoy snowboarding I don't think.I hardly step outside in the cold,much less when it snows.And I retired from drumming because I have worn my knees hips and feet out.I would probably snap one of my legs like a twig when I hit a tree or boulder on a snowboard.I have fun too just like you.It's just that my idea of fun is taking an idea and turning it into a design.

You've got the right idea. If you can make money doing something you already enjoy as a personal hobby then you are a step ahead of most people.

You and another guy who works here Mick should swap rock and roll stories. He has lots of them from the good old days when he used to play guitar  :hippy:

Sign in to follow this