tjb1

SignCut Pro and MH-871

I have tried all drivers, restarted, change machine to every one mentioned and I still dont get a USB option. This is on Lion.

did you follow the instructions and look at the pictures on this page? It is a refine cutter, just a smaller one.

Yes I tried everything, installed drivers for both 32 and 64, signcut actually shows MH-871 and I never get a usb device. I checked system info and uscutter does show up as a usb device...

more info

try reinstall

I dont know whether to get 32 or 64, I have installed both multiple times...installed signcut multiple times still nothing.

I dont know whether to get 32 or 64, I have installed both multiple times...installed signcut multiple times still nothing.

It is also recommended to use the KEYSPAN adapter with Mac. That is the brand name.

More info with keyspan and Lion. FROM another thread:

Hi - I installed Lion this weekend - I have a PCut and use SignCut Pro.

Didn't work right off -when upgrading to Lion it looks like I lost the drivers to the keyspan.

The fix is that you need to reinstall the latest driver for the keyspan on the system. www.tripplite.com - do not use the CD that came with the keyspan - it doesn't work (also note - the latest driver says 10.6 I think and Lion is 10.7 - but it still seems to work)

After it is installed re-start your system and open SignCut (that's what I'm using).

Select cutter

In the Output Device section select the keyspan device (for me this was /dev/cu.usa19Hfd13p1.1

Now I'm back up and cutting!

Good luck

Read that too...got a keyspan on the way from amazon. Hopefully this works because signcut looks like its doing a lot better cutting the small letters when I tried it on windows.

The weeding line options in SignCut is the best i have ever seen . You can put them anywhere & as many vertically & horizontally .

Is working now with a keyspan adapter...seems odd though being that its still using USB. Oh well. Still having problems with SignCut Pro not finishing the weeding border, talk to the nice support at SignCut Pro and the only solution they could come up with was add a mounting frame which will get you 1 complete weeding frame and an incomplete frame around that one. I will say the support do not know the program very well for how expensive it is...

SignCut has their own forum . You might get some more direct response or find others who had/have the same peoblem & posted a solution .