Sign in to follow this  
psychoCutter

Problems with Tape and Vinyl

Just curious if anyone is having issues with Oracal 631 vinyl from US Cutter? I've had 2 rolls of black so far that just plain refuse to adhere to the tape. I must say I called US Cutter they recognized the problem and fired a new roll to me. I've had it happen on a few other colors in the past week now so I will work on an exchange for them too.

Anyone else have any type of experience like this?

• Like 1

US Cutter drops ships a lot of the stuff they sell so you can not make that assumption......Look up the tracking number and see if you can see the route it took....

I've had similar issues when my blade is out too far. It will cut into the backing paper and then for some reason not want to come off on the transfer tape. It may not be your problem but try backing off the blade just a hair.

Jay

Thanks for the replies. Jay I took a good look and I'm certain I'm good with pressure and depth. No intrusion into the paper.

I also had a 2 rolls of black that felt rather brittle. These were exchanged. But starting to notice a few other colors as mentioned earlier. Not sure if their warehouse has an issue where this vinyl is being store or if like roxanneupnorth says 'not fresh'.

Oh well. I appreciate the replies again and we'll see what happens from here.

I know this is an old post, but I had the same thing happen to me. I believe it was 3 different rolls of Black (purchased at different times) and a roll or 2 of Brown. The adhesive was too sticky, gooey and the vinyl was brittle. I got a lot of complaints and returns from customers. Not a good time! I started a post about it actually. I ended up changing suppliers.