So I was cutting the longest image I've cut so far last night. About 4 feet long. About 3 times, I'd try to start my cut and the cutter would make a small cut at one end, quickly advance to the other end, make a small cut then stop and "No Media" would appear on the screen. This was on a brand new 20 yard roll of 651. I'd reload, then try again, same thing. I think it did it 3 times before it finally cut normally. Any ideas what was going wrong?

User manual page 6-2... 6-3...when you are starting your cutter, you should be using roll, not sheet, if you are, the vinyl is not over the media sensor on the back of the machine. So when it can't read the vinyl/see vinyl, it will come on. I turned all those sensors off/disabled, when I got my machine. That's up to you.

Skeeter,

How do you turn off the sensors?

Thanks

mark-s

in background settings on mine, FC7000... I click menu, then go thru until I see background setting, then go NEXT, until you come to media sensor.. then I disable>enter, then I also turn off, pinch roller sensor...disable> enter..

Then the cutter won't go thru that measuring of the width of the vinyl at the beginning. I just place the cutter head where I want it, and hit origin.

User manual page 6-2... 6-3...when you are starting your cutter, you should be using roll, not sheet, if you are, the vinyl is not over the media sensor on the back of the machine. So when it can't read the vinyl/see vinyl, it will come on. I turned all those sensors off/disabled, when I got my machine. That's up to you.

That's not it. I've actually made that mistake. When you have it on sheet, it will just keep feeding off the roll until you stop it because it's looking for the back edge of the sheet. But it won't ever let you get to the point of making a cut. I have it on roll, and this is after it initializes. It's ready to cut, I hit cut and it starts the cut, then starts another cut 4' further down the roll and then it displays no media.

if the vinyl raises up off that sensor WHILE it is cutting, it will go NO Media, because it cannot read the vinyl. I turned mine off, for that reason.

Vinyl has to be over that sensor at all times.

I use a lot of small scraps also, So turning it off allowed me to use any size, at any time. And still use the roll, button. And not have to mess with the NO Media error.