Sign in to follow this  
lraystudio

can't figure out how to use this thing

I bought the mh 871 cutter and running sign cut pro on my mac. I hooked everything up. I got it working. I found out sign cut isn't compatible with cs5 illustrator obviously. I have to export as old version eps to open in sign cut. I cut out a little test skull picture I made in illustrator. Everything worked fine. I made a 2 foot by 3 foot sign and pulled it into sign cut and tried cutting it out and it went stupid and couldn't do it. It was trying to cut where there was no vinyl. I stopped it and moved the vinyl over and it cut normal but was missing letters and cutting in the wrong places and cutting through designs and everything so it just isn't working. I have spent the last few days messing with it and I am seriously ready to throw the damn thing in the garbage. I am guessing I am doing something wrong obviously but customer service tells me to submit tickets and wait. I am really discouraged about the whole experience with us cutter. I see everyone else is doing good for the most part and use this thing but I can't seem to get a grasp on it. I read the book, watched the videos and looked up other's problems and just can't seem to figure out what it is I am doing wrong. I am in Cincinnati, Is there anyone else in the city willing to help out or even somewhere else that can give me some tips? I really don't want to ruin a bunch of vinyl just to throw it in the garbage and still not know how to use this thing. Thanks

I bought the mh 871 cutter and running sign cut pro on my mac. I hooked everything up. I got it working. I found out sign cut isn't compatible with cs5 illustrator obviously. I have to export as old version eps to open in sign cut. I cut out a little test skull picture I made in illustrator. Everything worked fine. I made a 2 foot by 3 foot sign and pulled it into sign cut and tried cutting it out and it went stupid and couldn't do it. It was trying to cut where there was no vinyl. I stopped it and moved the vinyl over and it cut normal but was missing letters and cutting in the wrong places and cutting through designs and everything so it just isn't working. I have spent the last few days messing with it and I am seriously ready to throw the damn thing in the garbage. I am guessing I am doing something wrong obviously but customer service tells me to submit tickets and wait. I am really discouraged about the whole experience with us cutter. I see everyone else is doing good for the most part and use this thing but I can't seem to get a grasp on it. I read the book, watched the videos and looked up other's problems and just can't seem to figure out what it is I am doing wrong. I am in Cincinnati, Is there anyone else in the city willing to help out or even somewhere else that can give me some tips? I really don't want to ruin a bunch of vinyl just to throw it in the garbage and still not know how to use this thing. Thanks

I dont have much experience myself but are you using a keyspan or serial connection? If you have bootcamp, try it in signblazer. I have a copy of Flexi I "obtained" and I absolutely hate it, it starts making random lines after every finished cut. You have to unplug the cutter or it starts this random step bs across the whole travel of the cutter. Signblazer so far has worked flawless for me.

I dont have much experience myself but are you using a keyspan or serial connection? If you have bootcamp, try it in signblazer. I have a copy of Flexi I "obtained" and I absolutely hate it, it starts making random lines after every finished cut. You have to unplug the cutter or it starts this random step bs across the whole travel of the cutter. Signblazer so far has worked flawless for me.

I'm using the keyspan adapter. I would try sign blazer but the sign cut was free with the cutter so been trying that one. In a year they want like 350 bucks or something stupid to keep using it so that's probably not going to happen. I will look into sign blazer and see my options with it.

I'm using the keyspan adapter. I would try sign blazer but the sign cut was free with the cutter so been trying that one. In a year they want like 350 bucks or something stupid to keep using it so that's probably not going to happen. I will look into sign blazer and see my options with it.

it's pc only, can't use it on mac unless I dual boot windows and I have no clue on how to do all of that. I am stuck with sign cut and need to figure it out because I have tried all kinds of things and I don't want to waste anymore vinyl trying the same things over again.

it's pc only, can't use it on mac unless I dual boot windows and I have no clue on how to do all of that. I am stuck with sign cut and need to figure it out because I have tried all kinds of things and I don't want to waste anymore vinyl trying the same things over again.

Well you can use the pen and paper until you get it figured out so you dont waste any more vinyl.

Try this and see how it works for you