geminis076

Blade arm not dropping, advice? Graphtec CE5000-60

Graphtec CE-5000-60 purchased in 2009 (refurbished). The machine was cutting fine today, then suddenly the arm that holds the blade stopped dropping. The carriage moves and acts as if it were cutting something, but the arm/blade stays in place never drops and does not make contact with the vinyl. There is also a faint whurring sound which is probably due to the arm not dropping.

Manually I am able to move the blade/arm up and down smoothly and without any resistance so I don't believe there is something blocking it. Unless I accidentally changed a setting, to my knowledge I have not changed any of my machine or software settings.

I don't know technical information about the machine or trying to repair it, but I have tried simple things like turning the machine on and off, trying the "Test" cut feature on the machine - same results, and trying to test cut through my software with the same results. The software I use are CorelDraw X3 & Cutting Master 2. Up until now the machine had been running fine - the only issue I can think of is the Position Alarm alert would appear a bit often.

Any advice as to what I can try, what the issue may be, or who I can contact for advice would be great, thanks!

try factory reset. While turning the machine power on, at same time push on the UP arrow button. That is factory reset. at least on my FC7000 unit. I don't have any other suggestions on that , it it does not work, contact Graphtec tech support.

• Like 1