Nitsuj

CE5000 not an option in Signblazer

Not sure if this should go here or in the Signblazer forum. I just unboxed and set up my CE5000-60. Just trying to do a quick test cut of some text. Nothing happens. Under set up, it asks which machine you have. The CE5000 isn't an option. Only the CE3000. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Not sure if this should go here or in the Signblazer forum. I just unboxed and set up my CE5000-60. Just trying to do a quick test cut of some text. Nothing happens. Under set up, it asks which machine you have. The CE5000 isn't an option. Only the CE3000. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Your cutter model won't be in there as CE5000, Signblazer too old. Go to the bottom of the Cutter set up page/ lower right corner, click LOAD, I believe Mr300s uses Graphtec 50 or 60 for his CE5000. If that doesn't work PM him.

Your cutter model won't be in there as CE5000, Signblazer too old. Go to the bottom of the Cutter set up page/ lower right corner, click LOAD, I believe Mr300s uses Graphtec 50 or 60 for his CE5000. If that doesn't work PM him.

Will try it. Thanks skeeter!

Why not just use the Graphtec software?

Click on setup to tool bar then on the bottom where the load button is click on that then find graphtec and click on that works great...

Capture-2.png

• Like 1

Why not just use the Graphtec software?

Because I'm not experienced at all with any type of graphics programs. And Signblazer seems to have a lot more users to offer support and tutorials available. Eventually, I'd like to know how to use both to some extent. But for now, I'm trying to start out with the one I can learn to use the easiest. And Signblazer seems to be the one at the moment.

Also look and download inkscape that's also free and works hand and hand with Sign Blazer its better to vector in also SB doesn't work to good with vectors...

Also look and download inkscape that's also free and works hand and hand with Sign Blazer its better to vector in also SB doesn't work to good with vectors...

Already did. Been watching tutorials non stop and playing with it. I'm not yet to the point of knowing how to create a drawing in Inkscape then transfer it to Signblazer and cut it. So far, all I cut was some text I wrote in Signblazer. What I'm really trying to figure out now is how to utilize my vinyl. Once I make a cut, if I don't use the full width, I have an end with a big notch cut out. So I need to figure out how to position the next cut so I don't waste the whole cut end of the vinyl.

Already did. Been watching tutorials non stop and playing with it. I'm not yet to the point of knowing how to create a drawing in Inkscape then transfer it to Signblazer and cut it. So far, all I cut was some text I wrote in Signblazer. What I'm really trying to figure out now is how to utilize my vinyl. Once I make a cut, if I don't use the full width, I have an end with a big notch cut out. So I need to figure out how to position the next cut so I don't waste the whole cut end of the vinyl.

If you vinyl is say 15" then instead of make one 7" decal make two you will always have some waste. In inkscape once you convert the image by going to path then trace then drag one of of the others off and save the file as a eps and re name it. Then open SB and go to import and you should see the file there just dbl click it and it should appear on your screen...

Thanks I'll try it. I'm trying to work through it now. Having minor issues and I'm having trouble deciding if it's me, or a bad EPS file.

Look in the library in SignBlazer . There are many files you can cut so you know it isn't the file . I like SignBlazer because of it is very easy & cuts also .

Look in the library in SignBlazer . There are many files you can cut so you know it isn't the file . I like SignBlazer because of it is very easy & cuts also .

Thanks, I think I figured it out. I must have goofed up a setting or hit a wrong button. I went to cut something and it backed the vinyl out of the machine and was cutting on the cutting strip and gouged it up. Guess I need a new one. Are they repairable?

They are replacable . You can scrape off any burrs & put reflective tape on it to repair it . You can buy some at Advance auto etc if you don't have any .

Ok. I'll try that. Just regular reflective tape? And I put it on to of the entire cutting strip? Or do I remove the existing strip first?

regular reflective tape ( it is thick & stiff , especially since it is just making a brace over the gouge ) , they sell it at advance auto etc for trucks & trailers . Put it on top of your existing cutting edge .

Ok, I'll search it out. Do I need to compensate for the added thickness by changing blade depth or pressure?

No , The blade will drop & increase to what pressure you have it set to . It only cuts the vinyl , not the backing paper , let alone the reflective tape on the cutting strip that is under the backing paper . End result is the blade doesn't drop as much ( the thickness of the reflective vinyl ) . I have never used it as I have my original cutinf strips ( 1 cutter has a scratch from doing what yours did , but still cuts great )