larryisme

My experience with my ZENCUT Green and USCUTTER.

My experience with my ZENCUT Green and USCUTTER.

June 8th, 2011

Registered online and ordered the Laserpoint contour cutter that was online. Used unit I figured would be good to try out and see if this really was something I was going to get into and make money on.

June 13th, 2011

Received notice US Cutter processed order and payment

June 15th, 2011

Received a call from US Cutter that the used unit I ordered was not available. Was going to order the same unit new then but they wouldn’t be available for some time. Told sales person I would think about their recommendation of going with the ZENCUT Green for more money and call back.

June 16th, 2011

a.) I called back and went ahead and ordered the ZENCUT Green. Wasn’t that happy that the money I already gave USCutter for the first unit I couldn’t get, couldn’t be applied to this order and I would be waiting on a refund back to my credit card on that.

b.) When ordering I confirmed with sales that the Greencut would be shipping that day out of Redmond/Seattle, which would have had it to me Friday which I was hoping to assemble and then and be able to play with over the weekend.

June 17th, 2011

I called early to make sure that the unit had shipped and get tracking on. Found out the the unit didn’t ship and was still sitting there. I sent someone down to Redmond to pick it up. Gas, lunch and little extra cost me $50.

Late that night we assembled the unit only to find that the signcut software and key were not in the box and we were unable to proceed with anything.

June 19th, 2011

I registered and started ticket online for the missing software.

June 20th, 2011

Benjamin sent a message back saying all the code info was in the box. We had already been through the packaging 10 times and knew it wasn’t’. I called in and then emailed me the link and key.

June 21st through 30th I had to go out of town so machine sat.

July 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2011

Loaded software and tried tried tried to get the unit to work. Read manual many times and watched online videos of Brandon using one of the other cutters and other videos of other users using other cutters. Could not get the unit to work right.

July 5th, 2011

Sent message to USCutter support and started support process trying to get fixed. USCutter support remotely logged in to my computer and tried to get unit running.

July 8th, 2011

After days of not getting anywhere, Ruth from GCC America was brought in to this. She logged in remotely and tried. No luck.

July 11th, 2011

Ruth again remotely logged in and updated the units software and drivers. Still not working right. She let me know she was communicating with USCutter about the situation and was going to set up a conference call with me and them and remotely log in again on the 12th.

July 12th, 2011

Hours after the set appointment time for the conference call was suppose to happen and there was no communication, I called USCutter and spoke with Levi. He said they were working on it.

July 14th, 2011

I had to go out of town for an install and machine sits.

July 23rd, 2011

I sent pictures to Brandon of step by step process I was doing. He wanted me to send him step by step in my own words of what I was doing so he could tell me what I was doing wrong.

July 28th, 2011

I called USCutter and told them I was bringing the unit up so someone could show me what I was doing wrong(Brandon says is usually user error). Staff said that was fine to bring up.

July 29th, 2011

10:30am I dropped the unit off with Levi and he said he would look at it right away. Should be a few hours. 3 hours later he called and said the unit was fine. I went in and he showed me it run a cut on 8x11 sheet with the word test on it. I had him do several other jobs which the unit was unsuccessful at doing. He said he was going to get another unit out and run the jobs we had tried on it and see if they worked on it. It was late so I left thinking he was going to do it that evening as he stated.

August 1st, 2011

Brandon says he is working on the issue and was going to be contacting Taiwan, Japan or wherever about most current firmware. If nothing is wrong with the machine why is Brandon checking on firmware update with them for?

August 2nd, 2011

I received email from Benjamin that Brandon says I can go get machine.

August 25th 2011 Email from Brandon with templates that should work with the cutter.

And still as of 9/1/11 just cant get a correct contour cut.

Questions to be answered.

1. Why when i was there was there no contour cut done with a more complex contour cut other than the word TEST on an 8x11 sheet of paper? maybe because they couldn't

2. Why are there no actual drivers for the Zencut green 48? I'll keep trying all the others till I find one that may work.

3. Why are the tec's taking over a week to come up with some templates that should work with the cutter if the cutter is so fabulous and has no problems? There are 3 main technicians i have dealt with over there and every one of them says they know more than the other, and none when remotely logging into my computer can make my cutter do what it is suppose to do.

• Like 1

Sounds like they have tried to alleviate your problems. Did you ask them to do a contour cut while you were present? They cannot read your mind . From what I have researched GCC makes a good cutter. Your driver's are I'm your cut software signcut I think was included.

>Mabscotthandyman-they did contour cut while i was there at their shop with my cutter on the bench but it was only the word TEST on an 8x11 sheet of paper. After i left with it, they agreed that after I got back to the shop with it they would log in remotely and do another test and walk through with me. when they did it still did not work right and they were then going to create working registration files that would. Over a week later they email registration marks and still it is not right.

As far as the drivers go, they are for the similar cutter from GCC and which one of theirs will work right is a mystery yet

>Mabscotthandyman-they did contour cut while i was there at their shop with my cutter on the bench but it was only the word TEST on an 8x11 sheet of paper. After i left with it, they agreed that after I got back to the shop with it they would log in remotely and do another test and walk through with me. when they did it still did not work right and they were then going to create working registration files that would. Over a week later they email registration marks and still it is not right.

As far as the drivers go, they are for the similar cutter from GCC and which one of theirs will work right is a mystery yet

Larry, no offense, and I'm not sticking up for USCutter here, but I have a question. How do you explain all the people that are happily using the Zen Green? The problems you describe wouldn't affect just you, right? If there's no drivers, no one would be able to use the Green.

To Larry

I had a cutter from Imprintables. Was called the Cutter 3000. Rebranded GCC Bengal. They ran a special deal for it for the Breast cancer month.

Worked for a week. Then it went crazy. Ruth logged in and got it to work once. Wilver or however he spelled it, logged in and got it to work once.

But when I went to cut the damn thing would just move the cutter head back and forth. It seemed like when I turned it off and then back on to use it later it would not work right. Or give me a USB error. Or do nothing. I even videod it and sent to GCC and Imprintables. It took a month of calling and emailing before Imprintables got GCC to send a new one. This one is the actual Bengal unit not a rebranded one.

So as far as anyone is saying I doubt its you but the unit. I have been there. Done that. GCC may make a good cutter but their support sucks. Ruth was great for one or two times then stopped returning emails and answering calls. Wilver did too then heard he left GCC. Supposedly they were a maker for others and now just got into selling and their not setup for support to well. Probably why its taking so long. If you go over to tshirtforums.com you can read about GCC support issues with the rebranded unit. Which should have made no difference. Even my rep from Imprintables had a hell of a time getting GCC to respond to request for support.

The new unit works pretty dang good. Oh and one other thing. Not sure about your unit but if running on win7 the Bengal at lesat needed a firmware update for the usb to work properly and you have to setup the unit by the controls to get it to set the right usb port mode. Not sure if that might apply to you.

Good luck.

Larry, no offense, and I'm not sticking up for USCutter here, but I have a question. How do you explain all the people that are happily using the Zen Green? The problems you describe wouldn't affect just you, right? If there's no drivers, no one would be able to use the Green.

no offense taken SUPERBIKESTORE. No offense to you, but you must be a distributor or sales person for them. After many hours of reading posts in these forums, I see you are always sticking up for USCutter on posts. If by chance I am wrong about that(doubtfully), I am glad that if you are not directly related to USCutter in business and you have had such a glorious wonderful experience with your equipment that you purchased from them.

Which cutter do you have? A Green cut that you are successfully contour cutting with? Have you not had any problems getting it to cooperate? What's the secret? Share some tips on this unit.......

From USCutter I have dealt with 3 techs BEN LEVI and BRANDON and all three have told me different setups. All three of them say they know more than the other.(yes, actually said)

There are drivers for the Green yes, but which one? One tech from USCutter says "use the Puma drivers" while another tech says "use the Jaguar drivers". I have had 3 different techs from USCutter BENJAMIN, LEVI and BRANDON and the tech from GCC RUTH all log in to my computer remotely and all four of them failed at successfully getting my GREEN to contour cut correctly.(except for the word "TEST" on an 8x11) I have shot a video of step by step process and sent that to USCutter, I have taken step by step screen shots of process and sent that to USCutter. They have logged into my computer and done the art work and cut fails themselves. So, if it is user error as I have been told it usually is, why can't 4 techs that are masters at the wonderful GREENcut make it successfully contour cut.

USB connection and software shouldn't be an issue since i have tried the cutter on 4 different computers. (2-desktops, one with winXPpro and one with winVISTA. 2-laptops, one with winXPhome and one with win7.) Using illustrator cs2 and cs4 along with the signcut pro. I know enough about computers that I don't think I lack the knowledge necessary to make a working piece of equipment function. I have 5-6 six computers in the store I maintain and network along with 7 different printers and other gear. I am no master of the computer world but I am not newbie. 14yrs of hard knock college learning and using these things and repairing other peoples computers.

Posting in the forum I hoped to get a bit of suggestion and help from someone with a Greencut that might have had issues.(warning others what they might be up against also).

I want a cutter that does what it was said to do.................

"no offense taken SUPERBIKESTORE. No offense to you, but you must be a distributor or sales person for them."

No,he isn't.

no offense taken SUPERBIKESTORE. No offense to you, but you must be a distributor or sales person for them. After many hours of reading posts in these forums, I see you are always sticking up for USCutter on posts. If by chance I am wrong about that(doubtfully), I am glad that if you are not directly related to USCutter in business and you have had such a glorious wonderful experience with your equipment that you purchased from them.

Nope. I not only don't work for them, but if you really did read my posts, you'd see that I know next to nothing about the industry. If I did work for them, I would admit it. I certainly wouldn't make up a fake name and fake website just to make it look like I didn't work for them. Who I work for is right in my user name for everyone to see. I'm an open book bro. To my knowledge, I've never stuck up for US Cutter, only shared my good experiences with the company. My point was, and is, maybe the drivers do exist and you haven't found the right one. If they can make your cutter work, and all these other people with the same machine can get it to work, I was simply pointing out that maybe a deeper search for drivers may fix your problem.

However, if the problem is with the cutter, you have every right to be upset that it's not working. If you're sure it's the machine, I hope they do replace it, and I hope they do it quickly. Like I've said before, I'd love for employees of USCutter to post once in a while in threads like this.

How about this, maybe one of the forum users that use your machine can get together with you and remotely access your machine and see what's going on. That way, you'd know you're dealing with someone who can operate the machine, and you'd know they were unbiased and have nothing to gain by telling you the problem isn't your fault.

Nope. I not only don't work for them, but if you really did read my posts, you'd see that I know next to nothing about the industry. If I did work for them, I would admit it. I certainly wouldn't make up a fake name and fake website just to make it look like I didn't work for them. Who I work for is right in my user name for everyone to see. I'm an open book bro. To my knowledge, I've never stuck up for US Cutter, only shared my good experiences with the company. My point was, and is, maybe the drivers do exist and you haven't found the right one. If they can make your cutter work, and all these other people with the same machine can get it to work, I was simply pointing out that maybe a deeper search for drivers may fix your problem.

However, if the problem is with the cutter, you have every right to be upset that it's not working. If you're sure it's the machine, I hope they do replace it, and I hope they do it quickly. Like I've said before, I'd love for employees of USCutter to post once in a while in threads like this.

How about this, maybe one of the forum users that use your machine can get together with you and remotely access your machine and see what's going on. That way, you'd know you're dealing with someone who can operate the machine, and you'd know they were unbiased and have nothing to gain by telling you the problem isn't your fault.

Ok, so you don't work for/with them. In all your responses to my posts you keep mentioning my problem about drivers and all these others that have great functioning Greencut units. Have you read my post thoroughly? I have been trying many different drivers for Puma and Jaguar and others. I have had 3 of their TOP techs and one from GCC log in remotely and been unsuccessful in making it work. Go back and read my post thoroughly and you will see I have covered every step possible and they have not made my Greencut work. Do you know someone who has a GREENcut and successfully using it? You using one?

Ok, so you don't work for/with them. In all your responses to my posts you keep mentioning my problem about drivers and all these others that have great functioning Greencut units. Have you read my post thoroughly? I have been trying many different drivers for Puma and Jaguar and others. I have had 3 of their TOP techs and one from GCC log in remotely and been unsuccessful in making it work. Go back and read my post thoroughly and you will see I have covered every step possible and they have not made my Greencut work. Do you know someone who has a GREENcut and successfully using it? You using one?

There have been several posts from people who have the ZENCUT green,if that is what you have...most of them have it working. It could be that your unit is defective.

Whatever dude. You don't want help. You just want to rant. Had you not hijacked my thread by pasting your rant in it for no apparent reason, I'd be blissfully unaware of you and your issue.

• Like 1

Whatever dude. You don't want help. You just want to rant. Had you not hijacked my thread by pasting your rant in it for no apparent reason, I'd be blissfully unaware of you and your issue.

DUDE.

I didn't hijack your thread. A forum is for all to contribute to. The thread you may have started was a thread about "which cutter" as the topic and I simply input about my experience about the GREENCUT and USCutter. Helpful information for anyone that may have a question about whether they would want to go with the GREENCUT and USCutter.

I would love help with my GREENCUT. Still you fail to say what cutter you may have or give any constructive useful information yourself. If I wasn't so board I wouldn't bother responding to your totally useless posts and rants, so why don't you pass on some useful help instead of accusing me of HIJACKING your thread.........DUDE (what, are you on a surfboard with a joint in your hand)

DUDE.

I didn't hijack your thread. A forum is for all to contribute to. The thread you may have started was a thread about "which cutter" as the topic and I simply input about my experience about the GREENCUT and USCutter. Helpful information for anyone that may have a question about whether they would want to go with the GREENCUT and USCutter.

I would love help with my GREENCUT. Still you fail to say what cutter you may have or give any constructive useful information yourself. If I wasn't so board I wouldn't bother responding to your totally useless posts and rants, so why don't you pass on some useful help instead of accusing me of HIJACKING your thread.........DUDE (what, are you on a surfboard with a joint in your hand)

I am just curios..why do you keep calling it a 'greencut'?

If you edit the title of your post to reflect the correct name, you are more likely to get help from someone with the same cutter.

If you edit the title of your post to reflect the correct name, you are more likely to get help from someone with the same cutter.

Thank you BannerJohn for the help. I have searched the forums many ways for zencut green, zencut, zen cut, green and many ways and i can't find much of anything of input about the cutter. couple of problems but no helpful responses.

Thank you BannerJohn for the help. I have searched the forums many ways for zencut green, zencut, zen cut, green and many ways and i can't find much of anything of input about the cutter. couple of problems but no helpful responses.

The search feature is not as reliable as it should be. I know for a fact that someone on the forum has posted who uses the Zencut as a main cutter for a business and has posted many times about it, but couldn't find the posts using Search. Sometimes it is better to let them find you.

If all 3 of the techs you named cannot get it to work correctly by logging in to your computer, AND Ruth from GCC, well then all I can see is big red flags that scream 'Lemon'. If it comes down to exchanging the unit, you will be absolutely tickled with the return policy! Do not take it out on the techs though....they did not make the policy, they simply follow it. Feel bad for your situation, and the time it has taken- WOW! Hold on for an even bumpier ride with exchanging. Hopefully you will not have to.

Good luck!

• Like 3

from the man himself

On the Zencut machines, we will likely pay for return shipping if purchased within the 48 states if a machine needs service within the first 30 days after purchase. Outside of the first 30 days, the customer would be required to pay shipping.

• Like 1

from the man himself

Ahhh! Great news for the guy finally! :thumbsup:

Although, the man did say they would "likely" pay for the return shipping. "Like" they may, or may not. Either way, that is way too long to be dead in the water. Hope they get him squared away soon.

• Like 1

Does Ken work for US Cutter?

for a long time, Ken WAS the tech support at US Cutter.They parted ways.

• Like 1