Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 reliability

I am looking at buying a sign and screen printing shop. It is going for $20000 and all of the screen printing and vinyl equipment is probably worth about that.

The catch is that they also have a SOLJET PRO III XC-540 that they still owe $25,000 on.

From what I have seen these are selling for about $16-$20k so basically I am going to be $5,000 upside down on this printer.

They make good money with it, but my big concern is if it breaks. I don't want to be stuck owing $20k on a giant paper weight. So how reliable are these printers? When they go out of warranty, what does it cost to get them repaired when things do go wrong?

Thanks!

Hopefully you did not make the investment yet.  We own two of these machines and are seeking to unload them.  One will be as parts only and the other is running.  Not only is Roland the most expensive machine to purchase, but also to maintain.  Over seven years we've invested over $20k in parts, not to include consumables such as heads, dampers and cap tops.  I woudl highly recommend looking at the new Epson Surecolor machines, or even a Mimaki or Mutoh.  Less upfront money and much less for parts to maintain.

That post is 2 years old. If they haven't decided by now they never will.

• Like 3

Jay - Wallhog just came on to spread his crap and hasn't been on since he first made the account to leave the post . Looks like he is just spreading his poison on all the forums - he did the same thing on signs101 and the roland forum - strange thing is on S101 he got met with a few pertinent questions that he never responded to.  

If this quote is true on their site the machines are well used LOL

"For the past 7 years and over two million square feet of wall graphics material printed"

damn, well used may be an understatement there. That much work shouldn't leave time to harass other people.

I am guessing the chinese are killing that market right now - basically he makes a fathead knock off