datoshway

Pcut 48" feeding crooked

For some reason, no matter how straight the paper is loaded in, the pcut just feeds it through very very slightly crooked. I don't know what else to do to solve this issue. We notice it usually on longer jobs. Please help.

Best thing to do is line it up as straight as possible, and then manually feed out the amount of vinyl you are going to cut to see if it tracks straight before the actual cut. If it drifts, then make an adjustment and try again, until it is feeding as straight as can be. Then cut.

Best thing to do is line it up as straight as possible, and then manually feed out the amount of vinyl you are going to cut to see if it tracks straight before the actual cut. If it drifts, then make an adjustment and try again, until it is feeding as straight as can be. Then cut.

you have to remember that even if it is just a tiny bit off,that it is going to multiply the longer the cut.

Thanks for the replies guys. Heres a little bit more info on what is happening. We are using this with a printer. So typically what I do is put the printed piece through the cutter with a perfectly straight .25 line box around the piece. I use the pen tool to align the paper through perfect. Now the feeding issue seems to happen once the cutter is using the blade. Could it be an issue with the amount of blade pressure i'm using? I have it really high (191) so I can get through the laminate and 3m comply, also the blade might be ready for replacement. Could any of these factors have an influence on what we are getting offset?

Thanks in advance.

A while back I tried cutting some glow-in-the-dark stuff. Had to set my pressure way up. YES, 191 would probably pull the vinyl off track, especially if the blade was dull or extended too far. If you can't cut through it with "normal" setting and blade depth, try cutting the lines twice. Although if there's any tracking errors at all, that might not be a good idea...

SO just an update. I bought some new blades, blade pressure went down inevitably to 169. Tracking seems better but still tracking slightly sideways on larger jobs. Anything else I can check/adjust to correct this?