jwalters69

Workfdorce 1100 questions

I am sure these questions have been answered but in my searches I could not.

I am thinking of buying a workforce 1100 so I can print smaller decals. If customer wants a large decal or 50 of each I would out source...

1. Can I print with the cartridges that come with it on to vinyl ( I am assuming something like 3M IJ180 or an Orajet?)

2. Assuming I can I would need to laminate with spray on or a roll on laminate?

3. Do you buy the material in a 30" width and cut it down or what material would you buy to print smaller decals?

Just wondering as I need a printer anyway so I thought if I can get one that can do small decals that would be a bonus.

thanks

Jim

I sent you a PM with out the CISS system it could get very expensive I would look at one with the ciss system the money you save on lots of prints will more than pay for the system. Do a search on the 1100 there is a lot of us that use them and have good luck with them....

I run a WF1100 with the cobra ink systems CIS setup.... You will have to print on AQUEOUS vinyls and not 3m or Orajet films... Mactac and Sihl make a good product. Personally, I use Mactac as it is easily available from H&H Sign Supply AND it is thinner by far than the sihl. I just finished an order of 100 decals on it contour cut with my graphtec for my old High School. Take a look at my galler, or I will post links if you need to see some examples of work done on the WF1100. Take it from me- BUY THE CISS printer. I have had mine for 3 months! and it has already paid for itself and the material I have burnt.

Also the mactac vinykl from H&H you can get in a 12" roll so only cutting is to length you need. Also their as good as USCutter is when it comes to customer service (especially since USC does not offer aqueous vinyl)

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, and If you wish I can talk over the phone, chat or messages and give you more in depth and personal esperiences with my own printer.

.....................and give you more in depth and personal esperiences with my own printer.

WoW . I am going to have to get one of those printers after reading that sentence .... they have a Cherry 2000 model ? :angel::D