Gav S

MH721 - Cutting skewed/warped circles

Hi Guys,

I've been using my MH721 cutter with signblazer for around 4 months now and have been very pleased with it.

But i've recently started selling iphone vinyl skins and sometimes have a little trouble with the machine. Instead of cutting perfectly round circles it will 9 times out of 10 cut them skewed or warped, i really cant get my head around this.

The apple logo cuts absolutely perfect so does the rest of the design, its just circles!

- I tried it with flexi sign and it was the same so it isnt a software problem. Could it be settings?

- Blade offset is .25 or .30 using 45 deg. blades

- Earthed/grounded stand

- Tried cutting horizontally & vertically along vinyl, same result

I've done a little diagram showing the problem as photos dont pick it up clearly enough.

How it should look -

iphonecirclefault-normal.jpg

How it cuts!

iphonecirclefault-skewed.jpg

Please help, as i have a pile of orders waiting to go out and i cannot send these like this :(

Pics dead, please revise.

Don't get upset and try to wrap your head around the machine, it will only hurt your head,

I promise heheheheeheh :blink:;):P

Haha, feel like throwing it out the window some days!

Uploaded them again, should work now

Just to add, i've never used the middle roller on the machine as it just chews up the vinyl, could this possibly be related?

wow.. I saw them perfectly the first time and still do... Gav S... Maybe it's KARMA, Steve Jobs probably put a whammie on your vinyl cutter for using the APPLE logo.... :lol:

post-3058-0-41399500-1313597433_thumb.jp

Like everything Apple, if you didn't get it from the Apple store and you're not running on Mac OS it isn't going to work.

Jay

Running windows 7 if that makes any difference, and was the same on xp. Only just upgraded

Gav

Refines are know for this issue as well.

Are you running USB or Serial?