kcr357

What is going on with this company?

I am branching off my biz to do some graphics and need to get set up with a cutter, nothing top of the line but reliable and will produce good products. USC def. has good prices, but there are a TON of problems in the feedback section and half of the links on the site don't work. I noticed from other posts the motherboards have a tendency of going bad, so I tried to price a replacement; the links for the a and b type boards were bad along with what seems like 1 out of every 3 links. Is this a period of growing pains for the company or par for the course? Are the problems with the machines worked out(grounding straps seem to help whenever they are included with the machine)? What is your opinion? Are there better options?

I am branching off my biz to do some graphics and need to get set up with a cutter, nothing top of the line but reliable and will produce good products. USC def. has good prices, but there are a TON of problems in the feedback section and half of the links on the site don't work. I noticed from other posts the motherboards have a tendency of going bad, so I tried to price a replacement; the links for the a and b type boards were bad along with what seems like 1 out of every 3 links. Is this a period of growing pains for the company or par for the course? Are the problems with the machines worked out(grounding straps seem to help whenever they are included with the machine)? What is your opinion? Are there better options?

Nevermind, I read through more threads, this company and its products don't seem to be for me.

Couple things to consider.... The company recently made a MAJOR upgrade to their website... SUPER awesome overhaul compared to what it used to be.

Second, you're probably right, the Refine and Pcut cutters if you're a business are probably NOT for you. However they have the best pricing on graphtec cutters around with all the freebies considered which are NOT a USCutter product, but a Graphtec one that they resell. I recently purchased a CE5000-60 (July 30th!) and It was here and ready to roll in 4 business days. They only missed one thing in the whole kit, and it was a silly bottle of app fluid mix that was a freebie with the kit. One email and it was shipped the next day, and here in 2 more.

Pretty sure it doesn't get better than that!

Maybe you should do some more research into your needs and what you're looking for. You wont find a value cutter (in the 400$ price category) without issues across the board.

+1 Graphtec by far a superior cutter..If you pay for a cheapo cutter you get the issues with a cheapo cutter...I have had nuthing but great service and replys to any issue that has come up on product or machinery..I read every now and then a issue over a reply or a machine that someone has a problem..Can be an isolated issue or maybe not..I am in business and I tell you..I can't make 100% of everyone happy a 100% of the time..and anyone that says they can is a liar in my op...Take what you read as a source..but take it from those that actually use USC and their services daily and see what is the real company from their experiences..I am sure others will chime in..

I have a Laser point 24".... thing cuts like no one's business. I cut and cut and oh yeah, cut some more.

I think alto of issues that arise around here is "User" error........ some do not have a clue what they are doing in the first place.

Trust me, you just don't buy one of these machines and say LOOK! I'm a pro! ehehheheheeheh

If it weren't for my bud's on here I would have been in trouble right off the get go.

I don't go under a fews opinion, I go by everyone's opinion.

Go pay more somewhere else, thats your decision that's for sure.

We also have a couple people on here that say they like USC but then go around and bad mouth them, those along with the complainers that come on here, I try to ignore like a plague. I do business with them all the time and NEVER have steered me wrong once.

Maybe something will go wrong sooner or later, but hey, who's perfect? Something goes wrong almost daily in one of my shops with one thing or another.

But who's perfect? Raise your hand if you are.... I don't think so heheheehhe

My favorite line is.... "I called and had to wait 20 minutes and noone answered the phone til then, oh man, then they put me on hold and I had to wait 2 more minutes, oh goodness whaaaa I had to wait a total of 30 minutes before someone actually talked to me.

P.S. HAVE YOU CALLED WALLY WORLD LATELY? wwwwwwwwwhahahaahahahaha

P.S.S. Have you ever called any business and they said oh HEY GRAND MASTER here I am, let me kiss your feet!!!!! heehehehheeheheh

MAN! I quack myself up, we will stand in line at a ball game for how long? gezzzzzzzz

Have you EVER considered for once, that someone actually is "working" like crazy behind that ringing phone?

Oh, wait, or did you consider that they might have been talking to YOU on the phone is why they didn't answer in 5 seconds? I can see it now.... PLEASE HOLD, I have to answer the phone that's ringing, you'll just have to wait til I get finished with this other guy................

Can anyone say Spoiled Brats? I CAN! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehhhheheehe

My 1 Cent

sure they have more problems than more expensive cutters but that is to be expected. i can tell you though my cheap $250 cutter made me the money for the now $3000 cutter i use

Same here... My laserpoint 24 (399$ NEW) paid for my graphtec CE5000 in 8 Months! The cutter package and some extras and supplies was about $2,000 all thanks to that cheap chinese cutter, and I still have it as a backup.

PS> Have you ALSO considered most folks DO NOT post when their NOT having issues? You as I am sure do not get online and say hey this thing is fantastic and working great!!! A forum is for help and support when things are not working so of course you will see lots of bad but very little good. USCutter sells a TON of plotters daily- pretty sure not every customer is on here saying they have issues either.

Pretty sure they would like to sell more than one or two to make a profit so there are LOTs of cutters out there.

Sounds like a drone to me joined to bash US Cutters to maybe potential purchasers. Or just a dumb a$$.

Dan

+ 1 :thumbsup:

Not a drone nor a dumbass, a dumbass would be the person whom reads through the problem threads and still buys from this company. Hard drives burning out, part supply chain breakdowns, poor communication, etc. I am in fact the person I stated, your condescending replies to my VERY well founded concerns simply reinforce my initial feeling there are much better companies to buy my cutter from. Feel free to flame, I won't be returning to this site.

• Like 2

Hard drives burning out? What hard drive? hahaahahahahahahah To funny :thumbsup::D

I liked his post saying he won't be returning so much... I gave him a positive :D

I sort of like the "Flame" comment, when he got on here saying he wasn't buying anything because of this and that, and he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about HEHEHEEHEHHEHEH

He see's the bad posts, because the good ones don't post how good USC is, only the one's that have a problem get on here and complain............ And some that haven't bought a thing and still "think" they know what they are talking about...........

Hilarious people kill me, at least I got a good laugh out of the guy before he ran off to pay allot more for the same machine!

I gave him a Positive vote as well ! Keep up the fine investigation work, poooooor dude, gotta feel pain for him :unsure:;)

OUCH! THERE WENT A PAIN SHOOTING ACROSS MY BUTT heheheheheeh :blink:

oh, and make sure and get an extra hard drive for your cutter, you might need a spare....

wwwwwwwwwwhhahaahahahahah what a PI he is, wwwwwwhahahaahahahahahahaahah I'm dying over here wwwwwhahahahaahahah

Best laugh i've had in awhile, HARD DRIVE wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :blink:

buy the BEST that you can afford,...from any vinyl cutter business.

Maybe he should consider Cricut Expressions....I see where alot of places have those on sale...Even Martha Stewart, put her name on those for making cake icing. etc. LOOK AT THIS BEAT UP BOX LOL Now there is a winner!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Martha-Stewart-Edition-Cricut-Cake-Cutting-Machine-NEW-/270773618707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0b5d8813

Yeah, does that one come with an upgraded hard drive? Or did it get SQUISHED in dat box? ahhaahahahahahahaha :blink:

Feel free to flame, I won't be returning to this site.

SURE you will return, YOU still need help getting any cutter you purchase up and running.... Good luck with that,

Maybe he should

consider Cricut Expressions....I see where alot of places have those on

sale...Even Martha Stewart, put her name on those for making cake icing.

etc. LOOK AT THIS BEAT UP BOX LOL Now there is

a

winner!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3f0b5d8813

HAHAHAHA!!!

I DO have to laugh at that ebay item... I would say a winner! Thanks for the great laugh!

" There is a ery minor tear on the top of the box (a close-up picture of it is included) that does not in any way affect the overall appearance of the box or the unit itself. " The picture shows a pair of corners on the box that are annihilated but just for kicks, the box still looks great from the bottom! WOW! and oh, by the way, I can spell too- just chose not to proof my auction.

" allows you to cut thousands of intricate and detailed characters as small as 1.5 inches " my graphtec will cut that small at full bore I am pretty sure. Cuts around 1/8th inch tall going slow. (I have proof if anyone needs it) and will it survive thousands of cuts? I would almost say buy it and find out!

Yup, I'd buy that for a dollar..... wwwwwwwwwwwhahahaahahahahahah Man, I had to go get a shower, I almost had to go to the hospital when he said hard drive hahahahahahahahahahaahah

Man, that was a great laugh, if you come back, thanks for the humor, I needed it, been a hot miserable week and that laugh just blew allot of the frustration right out the door...... Hard Drive wwwwwwwehehehehehehe

I believe you just whipped John Carrie with that hard drive joke, got anymore? I loved it! heheheheheheh

Hey Ash, you have a spare SATA cable laying around for your cutter? I cant seem to get my old IDE drive to connect to the ole LP24... so figure I can make a new SATA hookup somewhere. Maybe I can rig it with the right firmware and drivers to increase buffer size!

Actually I had thought about setting up a raid array, thus rigging it to a blade server so I can make my LP faster than ever wwwwwwwwhahahahahaahah This is to fun! :blink::D

Oh great guys- now Ash is going to be up all night figuring out how to solder leads onto some standard DDR3 sodimm's to make it fit the dang LP and Pcut units as well... You can do that Ash, I will work on something to do with the cutter after it decides to launch its carriage assembly at the conrol side of the cutter and smashes it into a thousand little plastic shards LOL. That poor stop switch....