mustangconv85

CTN630 LCD has Blocks, fan runs

Hi i've had my cutter for a couple weeks now and i've only used it twice so far the first day i got it all set up and cut the test square with it that worked fine the next day i cut a sticker out for my daughter to test it out and see how it worked it worked great then today i take my dust cover off of it plug it in and turn it on and all i get on the lcd screen is black dots i read this thread http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?topic=3108.0  and neither of the red kill switches are pushed in or stuck so then i took the bottom panel off like was said in that post to check the connections and didn't find any loose ones at all so i put it back together and turned it on and still get the black blocks  so i'm wondering where to go from here thanks

USB cable.. maybe?  Might try turning off, unplug the usb cable from the cutter and turn the cutter back on... see if the black boxes are gone..

IMHO

When you checked the connections on the motherboard, did you press down on each, and check to make sure the chips on it were seated all the way as well? Worst case scenario, we may need to send you another motherboard.

problem has been solved by moving it to a new outlet in the house on a diff circuit  :bang: who knew it could be something so simple now to find out what is all on the original circuit

What worries me is that the circuit didn't trip if it was being overloaded.

I know that everyone doesn't have this option, but I wired in separate circuits (3 of them) for my cutters and computers.

I am glad you solved the problem and it was something so simple.

ya my plan is to wire in a new circuit just for the cutter withing the next month or so and hopefully rewire the whole house in next couple of years