Sign in to follow this  
pitkin2020

MH721 roller replacement

Well not sure if it needs replacing or can be fixed but basically one of the rollers has play in it. If I spin the good roller with the end of the cutter off you can see that the slightest movement moves the belt/cog and there is no play in it. The other roller though has about 2-3mm of spin before it moves the cogs/belts.

My cuts when using a full 24 inch roll are awful, totally missing the cut lines and leaving huge gaps in the cuts, or worse still tracks so far off it cuts into itself. I tried using 10 inch width scraps earlier on the good roller and the difference is HUGE, cuts were completing and were fine. Offset probably needed a little adjustment but you could see a little tweaking and it would be spot on.

I have removed the bottom of the cutter but I can't see how to get the roller out. Do you think the whole roller needs replacing or is there someway to tighten up the play. The grub screws you can get to from the top are tight! Although the good roller has two screws I can only see one on the bad one and there is no hole for it so its not missing.

Cheers

The feed rollers can be tightened, and I have seen them loose right out of the box, or even a couple of years after being used. Just takes a little allen wrench to tighten the screws for the feed rollers. Just spin the roller with the play until you see the screws. Tighten them.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The feed rollers can be tightened, and I have seen them loose right out of the box, or even a couple of years after being used. Just takes a little allen wrench to tighten the screws for the feed rollers. Just spin the roller with the play until you see the screws. Tighten them.

Good luck!

The roller that has play only has one screw though and that is tight (took it out and rescrewed it to make sure), the other end of the roller doesn't even have a hole for the screw let alone a screw.

The roller that has play only has one screw though and that is tight (took it out and rescrewed it to make sure), the other end of the roller doesn't even have a hole for the screw let alone a screw.

We are talking about the silver metal feed rollers, yea? Could have swore that both ends of the feed rollers had at least 2 screws on the MH series. Been awhile- maybe it has changed.

We are talking about the silver metal feed rollers, yea? Could have swore that both ends of the feed rollers had at least 2 screws on the MH series. Been awhile- maybe it has changed.

Yep thats correct the silver rollers, like I said the good roller has two grub screws but the other only has one screw with 1 fixing. I'll take another look just to make sure I haven't gone mad lol

Not sure, but maybe double check. :D

Well i'm not mad (well not on this issue anyway lol) I have checked it again today. One roller has two grub screws, 1 each end of the roller, the 2nd roller only has one grub screw which is located at the end of the roller (but closest to the middle) the other end has nothing, no screw no screw hole.

Anyone else with an MH721 got the same or has my machine not been finished in the shop lol.

Anyone else got any ideas, i'm surprised someone hasn't stripped one of these down just to see how they work by now lol

Have you fixed this yet? IF you remove the bottom of the cutter you will see three long bass screws pointing in to the rollers, One at each far end of the machine and one in the middle. Tighten the on the loose roller.

Unscrew the bigger screws (not the little ones) which are holding the plate in place (around the perimeter).

Then, pry the plate loose with a flat-head screwdriver (it's stuck down with some tape).

Your electronics will be still attached to it (Power supply, circuit boards) so be careful when taking the plate off.