chixwithtrix

Mixed USCutter service/Copam bucket of problems/MH721 broken out of the box

I'm a business person and know how important it is to take care of your customers. I'm not into bashing someone without giving them a chance first. I've given USCutter and this Copam many chances at this point and my experiences need to be voiced.

USCutter, you have been doing a very poor job of taking care of me and I am completely fed up with my experience with your Copam CP-2500 and customer support after being on the phone for hours with service, on hold for usually 10-20 minutes and sometimes over 30 minutes waiting for a service representative, actually getting a representative and when put on hold I was booted back to the main menu and had to wait on hold AGAIN, not being called back when I was told I would be when an incompetent representative couldn't help me with my problem, and many replacement parts not fixing my lemon of a cutter. I bought a 24" Copam for my small vinyl cutting business based on positive reviews about the cutter.

I originally wanted to return the cutter a few weeks after I bought it because it was so problematic after working with service to solve problems, which you will see below, but I had emergency back surgery and by the time I was able to work on my business again it was after 30 days since I bought the cutter. Based on others raving reviews of the Copam I truly believe this cutter I was sent is faulty. It has cost me many hours of productivity between being on the phone and not being able to meet deadlines because it wasn't working. I bought the Copam mainly to replace my old cutter that could still cut some jobs, but was not as accurate with age. I have since bought a THIRD cutter because the Copam has been down so much I needed something to fill order demand that my original cutter couldn't do. You have forced me to waste money and time and this is not acceptable.

Lets start from the beginning:

-When I first got the Copam it took me a little under 2 hours on the phone with customer support to get it to communicate with my computer. While customer support did eventually get it working after many failed attempts, they could not tell me WHY it didn't work so I could avoid the problem in the future.

-Once the cutter communicated it would not go to the advertised 80cm/s, it only went to 60cm/s. The advertised fast speed was one of the reasons I passed up the GCC cutter. That is false advertising.

-After it would communicate I was having issues with accuracy. I would change the offset in the machine and on the program (separately) and the line quality would not get any better. After experiments with different blades and time on the phone with service it ended up being a faulty blade holder right out of the box. In this instance the representative was helpful and knowledgeable so at least a positive point to service for this one issue, but I was back to only one cutter because the faulty blade holder made the graphic quality unacceptable for my customers. So the brand new Copam sat while I waited for the blade holder to come in the mail.

-At the same time I had line quality issues with the faulty blade holder, after completing a row of graphics the Copam would randomly roll the sheet of vinyl all the way out of the back of the cutter and onto the ground. This really pissed be off because 1. the vinyl roll would get dirty touching the ground and need to be cleaned, 2. it messed up my alignment for cutting and weeding, 3. a lot of time was wasted either hovering around the cutter to turn it off before it rolled the vinyl out the back or missing it and having to clean off the roll and replace it into the cutter and 4. it was random so I never knew when it was going to happen, but it happened more often than not. Big problem when I have employees I brought in for a bulk job were being paid to sit and not weed completed stickers because of my lost time. Customer service for this problem was HORRIBLE. Not including the wait time and time spent with the representative, the first time I called the guy did not have any idea why the cutter would be doing this. He said someone would call me back after he talked to them about the problem. OK, I could deal with that to get someone more knowledgeable. NOBODY called back after a day (said it would be a few hours) so I had to go through the hold system and explain my problems to a new person. After explaining the different experiments I had tried to stop the vinyl from being spit out the back, he said something along the lines of "my best guess would be that it is the motherboard" keyword, 'guess'. I suspect he had no idea what was causing my problem or else he would have suggested other things to try. He got approval and sent a new motherboard and told me to call in when it arrived.

-The new motherboard arrived and I tried calling into customer service like I was told so they could explain how to install the new motherboard. I waited on hold for about 30 minutes in the afternoon before a recording came on and said "there are no representatives available" or something along those lines and was hung up on. All that time I had waited on hold not being able to work on filling orders was for nothing. I needed to get a job done that night and wanted to use the Copam so I called back again. Waited on hold for about 15 minutes before a representative came on the line. He explained basically what I needed to do and I was on my way. I replaced the motherboard without too much fuss in about 30 minutes, reassembled the cutter, and tried a couple cuts hoping the motherboard would fix the random spitting problem. I completed the small job that night without the vinyl rolling out the back. However, I worked on a bigger job last night (Aug 9th) and it started spitting the vinyl out the back again. Back to square one. I wasted all that time waiting for and installing the motherboard to have it not fix the issue.

-During the time I was waiting on the motherboard the cutter had a different problem. It could not cut horizontal lines so any job I had with straight horizontal lines was out of the question. The blade would not cut all the way through and would skip, making the horizontal lines look like a dashed line where the blade didn't cut. While on the phone with customer support about the spitting out the back issue I mentioned that it would not cut horizontal lines right. Again the representative did not have an answer why it was doing this and took the easy way out saying "that also might be fixed by the new motherboard." I managed to limp by using the Copam for jobs without horizontal lines and used my original cutter to take care of what straight line jobs it could do. When I put the new motherboard in the horizontal line issue didn't change. Now that I knew it wasn't caused by the motherboard I experimented. I had an idea to use the original faulty blade holder to see if it cut horizontal lines. I found it, put it in the machine and it cut horizontal lines fine. That told me that the second blade holder I was sent had developed a problem within a month. Called to get another blade holder sent to me yesterday. The wait time was over 20 minutes, but at least I was not booted out to the main menu this time. I got through to a representative and talked to him about my issue and my experiment and he was pretty much useless. After being put on hold he came back and said "this needs to be submitted to our tier 3 department and they will call you back in a few hours." I guess he didn't have the authorization to send parts and/or he wasn't knowledgeable enough. You guessed it, I wasn't called back!

So here I sit extremely fed up with my faulty cutter that I can only use for a select few jobs with its second motherboard that didn't fix the problem and second blade holder that needs to be replaced.

I'll say it again, I've read that many people are happy with their Copam cutters. I have been overly patient waiting on parts and dealing with incompetent service people ONLY because the cutter has gotten so many good reviews and I figured if I waited it out I would also be happy with my cutter. But at this point with parts not fixing the problems, I need to cut my losses and need a new Copam or a refund. This cutter is not worth my time to fix and should be thrown in a dumpster.

copam.jpg

copam-speed-advertise.jpg

I have an update on the latest adventure with USCutter, both positive and negative.

As I said in my first post, I bought a 3rd cutter to help take care of the overflow jobs my broken Copam couldn't do because of various issues. It was another MH721, I chose it because it was inexpensive and I figured if my old one took me 4 years into my business another fresh one would be fine as a back up cutter. The new MH arrived Wednesday August 10th. Shipping was fast since I ordered the cutter Monday so I was happy about that. However -

-Went to set up the new MH Wednesday evening and immediately it was broken out of the box. The set screw that holds the roller bearing under the left cover that controls the metal vinyl roller was not set and the bearing was extremely loose. The roller would not even roll the vinyl back and forth. It was after hours for customer support, I had jobs to do, and being handy my partner and I managed to fix it ourselves.

-Tried using the cutter, but it would not communicate. Once again after hours so waited until Thursday morning. Thursday morning I called in and talked to Mike. He was very patient and nice, and the wait was under 10 minutes to get to him. I spent over an hour on the phone with him trying to get the new MH to communicate. Eventually we got the drivers working and it cutting, not in Flexi like I wanted, but with the simple SignCut program that came with the cutter. Mike could not get the new MH's drivers to work with my version of Flexi.

-Once the MH communicated turns out, wait for it, the blade holder was defective right out of the box! Lines were not straight and corners were rough. Could not be dialed in with pressure, blade depth, overcut, different blades, or offset. Mike said that he would get a blade holder sent out later that day and I would receive an email with the blade holder shipment info. I thanked him and hung up. I never received the email so a blade holder was never sent.

-Later that day after talking to my partner from the day's earlier events we decided it was time to give up on the Copam we had and ask for another unit and return the new MH because it wasn't doing us any good sitting there, once again, waiting for parts. Called in and talked to Levi, one of the head service people. He was also helpful and patient, even stayed after hours at the call center because he was on the phone with us for over 2 hours. Told him the WHOLE story about the Copam and the new MH's problems and service calls we'd made. He said that if they could not solve the problems then they were obliged to send us a new unit. He submitted a teir 3 approval to get a new Copam sent to us. They could return the MH, however they would not waive the 20% restocking fee or pay for the return shipping. I decided not to return it so Levi wanted to help us more with its issues out of the box.

-While we told him that Mike had worked with us earlier that day (Thursday, yesterday) he wanted to try and see if he could get the cutter working in Flexi. He spent some time trying to get the new MH to work with Flexi, but none of the drivers worked. He switched over to SignCut to try and verify the blade holder issue. We made a few test cuts, sent him photos, and tried more test cutting.

-In the middle of trying some more test cuts, the new MH randomly spits out the vinyl and endlessly continues rolling while the cartridge scrolled slowly to the left, then slowly to the right, then stayed still. Turned the machine off, tried cutting again and got the random scrolling. While we were on the phone with Levi, the brand new MH721's motherboard died, which the tech admitted. After the hours spent on the phone I was left with two defective cutters. Levi submitted a request for us to be sent a new MH721 as well. We hung up on a good note that we should be sent two new cutters to replace the defective Copam and new MH and we would be receiving a call tomorrow to verify that.

-Well, its Friday today and we did indeed receive a call from Levi himself. Yes, the replacement cutters were approved for us. The only thing we needed to do was pack up both cutters and ship them back to USCutter, then we would be sent the replacements. WHAT?! You mean USCutter wants me to shut down my business and PAY to ship back two heavy cutters that were defective, THEN they would ship me my replacements. Excuse me, but that is utter BS! Told Levi that that was unacceptable, I could not shut down my business during a busy season, nor was I willing to pay to ship back the cutters on my dollar because of USCutters mistakes. Levi said the only way a Copam could be sent to us without us shipping the old one back first was to BUY another cutter. Well, after talking back and forth for a while I gave in on arguing and bought another Copam so we would at least not have to stop filling customer orders. I had to pay to ship back the Copam and pay for a new Copam so it would be on the way to us. Once we shipped the old Copam back we would be refunded the purchase price of the second Copam. I didn't have to pay to ship back the MH because it was brand new, but I had to ship it first before they would sent out the replacement. Terrible policies here.

I would like to thank Levi for being patient and actually following through for the most part. I'm quite pissed about the shipping policy of USCutter, but in the end that is not the tech's fault. It is the fault of a large corporation that doesn't really care about its customers. If Dell can ship you replacements first and pay to have you return your defective product in the same box then USCutter should do the same.

ummmm, i would say buy a good cuttter. If this is in fact your business why not buy a decent professional cutter and stay away from the servo junk?

Just my 2 cents is all.

ummmm, i would say buy a good cuttter. If this is in fact your business why not buy a decent professional cutter and stay away from the servo junk?

Just my 2 cents is all.

The better cutters such as Graphtec have SERVO motors. The cheap cutters have STEPPER motors.

• Like 3

The better cutters such as Graphtec have SERVO motors. The cheap cutters have STEPPER motors.

whoops, soorry. Meant stepper. lol. I would assume you know what I meant though.

I have had plenty of issues with my laserpoint. Latest new I upgraded to a graphtec. Done dealing with chinese cutter problems.... Graphtec warranty and support is great.

Unfortunately nearest graphtec repair center is a few hours' drive.

• Like 1

whoops, soorry. Meant stepper. lol. I would assume you know what I meant though.

Of course, I knew....but I'm not everyone else. That's why I posted.

• Like 2

Yea- not Levi's fault. Crummy exchange policy is due to offering the cutters at rock-bottom pricing.

Dell is top of the line pricing for computers, and they have a great exchange/ repair policy, as you stated.

eMachines, on the other hand, are rock-bottom priced computers, and have similar- VERY LIMITED- exchange/ repair policies.

So, if one wants 'Dell' type exchange policies, one should purchase a more expensive cutter. ESPECIALLY if the cutter is used for business purposes.

I do feel for your situation though, and I am sure Levi did too. Problem lies with the ones in charge of the policies.

• Like 3

..... or expect Caddy type service after buying a KIA . Mail order puchases will never have the service of buying local or having the system installed with personal support/training . That comes with expense to the seller & ultimately to the buyer . If you want that , be prepared to pay for it . IMO ... I could buy 3 Copam cutters from USCutter , 2 could be dead & I would still have a better savings than buying what I was within minutes of buying 4 years ago ( plus I would have 2 cutters for parts :) ). I also checked out stuff at the Atlantic City sign show & the Baltimore sign show ... I was offered cutters that would be delivered , set-up & demostrated . I would have gotten a basic training course in the design/cutting software & it sounded like i wold get a service call if i had any problems . It seemed like the best way to go ... UNTIL the price was laid on me ... WoW ... Made buying 2 Copams form USCutter the deal of the century !!! 4 years later , no deal has ever come close .

..... or expect Caddy type service after buying a KIA . Mail order puchases will never have the service of buying local or having the system installed with personal support/training . That comes with expense to the seller & ultimately to the buyer . If you want that , be prepared to pay for it . IMO ... I could buy 3 Copam cutters from USCutter , 2 could be dead & I would still have a better savings than buying what I was within minutes of buying 4 years ago ( plus I would have 2 cutters for parts :) ). I also checked out stuff at the Atlantic City sign show & the Baltimore sign show ... I was offered cutters that would be delivered , set-up & demostrated . I would have gotten a basic training course in the design/cutting software & it sounded like i wold get a service call if i had any problems . It seemed like the best way to go ... UNTIL the price was laid on me ... WoW ... Made buying 2 Copams form USCutter the deal of the century !!! 4 years later , no deal has ever come close .

That's funny because I just had a customer come into my shop Friday needing me to cut out something for them because their US Cutter wouldn't cut it precisely enough to weed. I told them to stop by anytime they need something cut with a professional cutter.

@ Frank... We won't argue that a graphtec or roland, zen cut etc... will cut worlds better than an MH or Pcut... no doubts... But to say that USCutter is a terrible company for offering a hobby class bottom line inexpensive cutter is just rediculous. The OP IMHO has had bad luck with a batch of cutters but for a business, he should not be buying an MH series cutter to begin with based on performance alone, for the hobbyist a refine or Pcut would work just fine more most things. If you need to cut detail or cut fast or thick material- and your business is hurting because your cutter is broken... then buy a professional grade cutter and get the support it comes with and the warranty backing.

My LP24 was a fabulous first cutter. Parts support for it however, arguably, was terrible. Therefore, I bought a graphtec and I am happy.

This is basically the point everyone is making. General motors makes the Chevrolet Cavalier, and the Cadillac STS. Like the other guys said- don't buy a cavalier and expect the quality, speed, performance and support that comes with the STS.... especially if you NEED those things. Granted they both have a motor and trasmission under them but their definitely NOT the same. Buy what you need- and in the price line you can afford. Me- I buy the middle line model and do whatever I can to make it fit my needs and then if I cant make it work, I find other ways but definitely don't complain about it the whole time. This guy needed to go complain on the cavi forums that he couldn't beat a caddy....

• Like 2

That's funny because I just had a customer come into my shop Friday needing me to cut out something for them because their US Cutter wouldn't cut it precisely enough to weed. I told them to stop by anytime they need something cut with a professional cutter.

Why is that funny ? I don't understand it having any relation to what you posted . In the example that was used ... KIA vs Caddy .... the driver would be the same as the cutter operator . If either does not know how to do the task , bad results occur . My Copams will cut VERY precise . Jenny & Mr300 posted some decals CRAZY small & intricate !!! Mr 300 cut & weeded the nomad decals on a 1/25 model ... Jenny posted a very intricate decal smaller than a dime .... WoWSER . Some people are just bitter it seems :)

Edit : I call bullshit about the USC plotter not being able to cut & weed what you made .. post it & i'll cut & weed it with my Copam !!! I'll get Assh to cut & weed it with his P-Cut & somebody will also try it with a MH series .

• Like 2

Why is that funny ? I don't understand it having any relation to what you posted . In the example that was used ... KIA vs Caddy .... the driver would be the same as the cutter operator . If either does not know how to do the task , bad results occur . My Copams will cut VERY precise . Jenny & Mr300 posted some decals CRAZY small & intricate !!! Mr 300 cut & weeded the nomad decals on a 1/25 model ... Jenny posted a very intricate decal smaller than a dime .... WoWSER . Some people are just bitter it seems :)

Edit : I call bullshit about the USC plotter not being able to cut & weed what you made .. post it & i'll cut & weed it with my Copam !!! I'll get Assh to cut & weed it with his P-Cut & somebody will also try it with a MH series .

well said Rodger. If a US Cutter won't cut the small stuff easily enough to weed, the problem is in the settings,or the blade. I've cut letters 1/4 inch that weeded just fine on the MH and Pcuts.Same thing with graphics that were unbelievably complex.

A poor workman always blames his tools.

• Like 1

I was kinda curious to see why they JUST changed their user name from chixwithtrix to current user name. SV26. Wonder what the trix were?? :unsure: Just not enough trix to run a vinyl cutter.

• Like 2

I bought a pcut because graphics is a sideline for me just a few business signs,banners,mags,and an occasional backlit sign face if this was my full time livelihood I would have bought a professional cutter. When I buy a tool for my construction business I buy the very best I can get and have some over 35 years old that I still use. So if your living depends on your tools it would behove to buy the best professional toll you can get.

Dan

I bought a pcut because graphics is a sideline for me just a few business signs,banners,mags,and an occasional backlit sign face if this was my full time livelihood I would have bought a professional cutter. When I buy a tool for my construction business I buy the very best I can get and have some over 35 years old that I still use. So if your living depends on your tools it would behove to buy the best professional toll you can get.

Dan

I understand what people here are saying about expecting the performance of a more expensive cutter, but we're not exactly talking about minor issues like images not weeding properly...

We're talking about machines being jacked up STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!!

If someone's response to "my bargain cutter doesn't work" is "buy a more expensive cutter" that is unacceptable.

How is a company supposed to operate with the trust of it's customers if said company consistently delivers faulty products and expects the customer to bear the burden of shipping fees AND re-stocking fees for that item?!

THAT imo is bullshit!

• Like 2

I understand what people here are saying about expecting the performance of a more expensive cutter, but we're not exactly talking about minor issues like images not weeding properly...

We're talking about machines being jacked up STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!!

If someone's response to "my bargain cutter doesn't work" is "buy a more expensive cutter" that is unacceptable.

How is a company supposed to operate with the trust of it's customers if said company consistently delivers faulty products and expects the customer to bear the burden of shipping fees AND re-stocking fees for that item?!

THAT imo is bullshit!

It has been said on here, that you can have USCUTTER, open the box, and test your machine before shipping it to you. That way you know your machine was not DOA, from China to USCUTTER... The machines are brought over here from China, and I'm sure you can imagine how many times they are moved around from starting point to finish.. Contact Uscutter, and ask your questions... this is only a forum..

• Like 1

It has been said on here, that you can have USCUTTER, open the box, and test your machine before shipping it to you. That way you know your machine was not DOA, from China to USCUTTER... The machines are brought over here from China, and I'm sure you can imagine how many times they are moved around from starting point to finish.. Contact Uscutter, and ask your questions... this is only a forum..

I understand that this is only a forum, but the feedback section is the most valuable method of getting *honest* feedback.

I also understand that for everyone who was pissed off enough to complain there are probably 10 happy customers who are too busy cutting vinyl to post how much they love their plotter.

I'm just saying that me personally, after reading through this sub-forum have started looking at other sites.

I was already pretty much settled on what I wanted until I started reading all the threads of people complaining.

It seems to me that a company should either stand by it's units and do the right thing, or not carry a line that is fraught with problems. If your company gets a bad name because they send out units DOA there is not much you can do to repair a reputation, especially on the internet.

One should not have to - call - a company and say "I don't want to get stuck with shipping and restocking fees if this unit is a piece of junk. Take it out of the box and test it for me plz. Kthanxbai."

I mean really, what does it say about a distributor that I should even be worried about an issue like this?

so what do all the other sites say about their Chinese cutters? What do those forums say?

If you need some help getting it set up, stop on back, or stop by their forums, I'm sure someone can get you going..

"I understand that this is only a forum, but the feedback section is the most valuable method of getting *honest* feedback.

I also understand that for everyone who was pissed off enough to complain there are probably 10 happy customers who are too busy cutting vinyl to post how much they love their plotter."

that is the key. If you knew how many they sold compared to the complaints,you would be surprised. The percentage of complaints is very small. Myself..I have bought 3 refines from them for myself and others,and recommended the refine to several others who bought... and not a problem in the lot. You only hear about the problems, not the successes. I also use a Pcut from them all day,every day..with no issues.

• Like 1

I will be sorry to see you go .....................

"I understand that this is only a forum, but the feedback section is the most valuable method of getting *honest* feedback.

I also understand that for everyone who was pissed off enough to complain there are probably 10 happy customers who are too busy cutting vinyl to post how much they love their plotter."

that is the key. If you knew how many they sold compared to the complaints,you would be surprised. The percentage of complaints is very small. Myself..I have bought 3 refines from them for myself and others,and recommended the refine to several others who bought... and not a problem in the lot. You only hear about the problems, not the successes. I also use a Pcut from them all day,every day..with no issues.

I don't really think I would be surprised, I have to assume that when a company delivers a product that it will work as described.

What would surprise me (at this point) is if I got a unit that was DOA, and then US Cutter bent over backwards to make things right with me.

It sounds from this thread that they give less service to people who purchase the cheaper machines, and the way I see it a company needs to back every product they carry, and if a customer has a terrible experience like the one described here they need to do everything in their power to make it as painless as possible, or risk losing business.

@ Rodge:

I thiiiiink my sarcasm meter might be broken... *taptaptap* is this thing on? :P

In all seriousness I've done my research, and when it comes to entry-level vinyl cutters it looks to me like US Cutter has not only the best deals, but also more options and better service than any of it's competitors.

(I don't see anyone else making a forum for their customers to have a venue for help and feedback)

I will likely be purchasing a SC model on the Friday before Labor Day, and you better believe that I'll be posting a review whether I like the machine or not, so don't start missing me just yet. :rolleyes:

If I have a good experience with the machine, I will most likely come back to USC for all of my vinyl needs, and if my small business does well, it won't be long before I'm looking to upgrade to a more sturdy, servo driven machine, as well as a heat press.

The only reason I felt I had to chime in on this subject is because I feel strongly about how a company should back their products and treat their customers.

I know that this is just a forum, and that the moderators aren't paid by US Cutter, but they still represent the company by moderating it's forums, and attacking users for whatever reason is counter-productive. This is the crit & complaints sub-forum after all, if I had the same experiece as the OP, I would be just as angry, and would never do business with them again.

That being said, I felt the snarky comments from some people in this thread weren't really appropriate. When I buy something online, I expect that the item should be in working order, and it should do everything that the site claims. I don't expect to get comments like "buy a better cutter"

Pretty basic stuff.

If the item doesn't work when I get it... then I don't expect to be hit with charges because I'm inconveniencing the company.

Sorry for the novel, but customer service is close to my heart.

@ Rodge:

I thiiiiink my sarcasm meter might be broken... *taptaptap* is this thing on? :P

In all seriousness I've done my research, and when it comes to entry-level vinyl cutters it looks to me like US Cutter has not only the best deals, but also more options and better service than any of it's competitors.

(I don't see anyone else making a forum for their customers to have a venue for help and feedback)

I will likely be purchasing a SC model on the Friday before Labor Day, and you better believe that I'll be posting a review whether I like the machine or not, so don't start missing me just yet. :rolleyes:

If I have a good experience with the machine, I will most likely come back to USC for all of my vinyl needs, and if my small business does well, it won't be long before I'm looking to upgrade to a more sturdy, servo driven machine, as well as a heat press.

The only reason I felt I had to chime in on this subject is because I feel strongly about how a company should back their products and treat their customers.

I know that this is just a forum, and that the moderators aren't paid by US Cutter, but they still represent the company by moderating it's forums, and attacking users for whatever reason is counter-productive. This is the crit & complaints sub-forum after all, if I had the same experiece as the OP, I would be just as angry, and would never do business with them again.

That being said, I felt the snarky comments from some people in this thread weren't really appropriate. When I buy something online, I expect that the item should be in working order, and it should do everything that the site claims. I don't expect to get comments like "buy a better cutter"

Pretty basic stuff.

If the item doesn't work when I get it... then I don't expect to be hit with charges because I'm inconveniencing the company.

Sorry for the novel, but customer service is close to my heart.

Hilarious :D ... Just wait until you really get to know me ;D:thumbsup: . I enjoy intelligent discussions & debates without drama as long as maturity, intelligence & reality are used . :thumbsup:

I appreciate your sense of humor & your " adult " mentaity . I respectfully do think the mentality is lacking in 1 respect ( as is the OP ) ... the return policy is no secret ... It is straight forward & warns not to buy if that policy is not acceptable . Business is business !!! If somebody wants a " bend over backwards " no return shipping costs etc policy .. then buy that . Don't buy something that saves a bundle of money & even after returning a DOA cutter , winds up still being cheaper than buying elsewhere . If you agree to the return policy of USCutter by buying 1 , then accept getting " snake eyes " - IF - that happens . Don't try/want to change the deal you made in hindsight . That is not being a mature adult IMO . All business decisions are a type of a gamble , some times you eat the bear ... sometimes it eats you :bear: ( seems there is an Assh & Stetty joke very close :) ) . Instead of buying a $2500 deal from a competitor , I bought 2 Copmas for 1/2 the money I was within minutes of spending . If they both were DOA ( they have worked great for 4 years ) .. I could have bought 2 more & been even as long as 1 worked ... I would have 3 for parts if I never bothered with any warranty ... So return shipping is a known & was agreed to when buying .... The shipping is trivial to the savings , so I get tired/ don't understand people not being mature & keeping the deal they made & then getting all dramatic . Accepting our own responsibilty is being an adult .

I agree with you & your research " In all seriousness I've done my research, and when it comes to entry-level vinyl cutters it looks to me like US Cutter has not only the best deals, but also more options and better service than any of it's competitors. " USC does give the best all around . In the 4 years I have been here , they have bent over backwards & takes things square on the chin . I am almost certain , as in many things.. the people who try to scam companies has much to do with the return policies .

Tangent .. worst scam I have ever witnessed . A builder I was doing excavation for ( & his step-son was my best buddy ) bragged about buying a expensive TV from Wal-Mart , bringing it home , took it out & put a cinder block back in the package . He then took it back to the store & raised HOLY HELL with everybody , resulting in getting another new expensive TV . I know nobody in this thread is doing anything like that , but I am sure USCutter has experienced dishonesty .

Bottom line , Everything USCutter sells is " Always the best Value " , just like their comapny logo says . B)

• Like 1

Hilarious :D ... Just wait until you really get to know me ;D:thumbsup: . I enjoy intelligent discussions & debates without drama as long as maturity, intelligence & reality are used . :thumbsup:

I appreciate your sense of humor & your " adult " mentaity . I respectfully do think the mentality is lacking in 1 respect ( as is the OP ) ... the return policy is no secret ... It is straight forward & warns not to buy if that policy is not acceptable . Business is business !!! If somebody wants a " bend over backwards " no return shipping costs etc policy .. then buy that . Don't buy something that saves a bundle of money & even after returning a DOA cutter , winds up still being cheaper than buying elsewhere . If you agree to the return policy of USCutter by buying 1 , then accept getting " snake eyes " - IF - that happens . Don't try/want to change the deal you made in hindsight . That is not being a mature adult IMO . All business decisions are a type of a gamble , some times you eat the bear ... sometimes it eats you :bear: ( seems there is an Assh & Stetty joke very close :) ) . Instead of buying a $2500 deal from a competitor , I bought 2 Copmas for 1/2 the money I was within minutes of spending . If they both were DOA ( they have worked great for 4 years ) .. I could have bought 2 more & been even as long as 1 worked ... I would have 3 for parts if I never bothered with any warranty ... So return shipping is a known & was agreed to when buying .... The shipping is trivial to the savings , so I get tired/ don't understand people not being mature & keeping the deal they made & then getting all dramatic . Accepting our own responsibilty is being an adult .

I agree with you & your research " In all seriousness I've done my research, and when it comes to entry-level vinyl cutters it looks to me like US Cutter has not only the best deals, but also more options and better service than any of it's competitors. " USC does give the best all around . In the 4 years I have been here , they have bent over backwards & takes things square on the chin . I am almost certain , as in many things.. the people who try to scam companies has much to do with the return policies .

Tangent .. worst scam I have ever witnessed . A builder I was doing excavation for ( & his step-son was my best buddy ) bragged about buying a expensive TV from Wal-Mart , bringing it home , took it out & put a cinder block back in the package . He then took it back to the store & raised HOLY HELL with everybody , resulting in getting another new expensive TV . I know nobody in this thread is doing anything like that , but I am sure USCutter has experienced dishonesty .

Bottom line , Everything USCutter sells is " Always the best Value " , just like their comapny logo says . B)

Yeah, this sarcasm meter is definitely broken. :(

I guess I should have called the company to have them open the box and test it to make sure it works before I bought it.

I guess I just assume that when I spend ~300 bucks on a sarcasm meter that it's going to work when it arrives.

But that must be my fault, because I should have known that all Chinese products are crap and that even though my meter say "US Sarcasm Meter" it was actually made in China.

When I buy something I think it is implied that the product should not only WORK, (that's the most important part)

but should also preform up to the specifications listed on the website.

Does ANYONE here think that those are un-realistic expectations?

I do agree with you that the company has to protect itself from fraudulent returns, but it sounds to me like the OP has been through quite a bit of hassle, if I had the same experience I would be very irritated. ESPECIALLY if I came to the forum, and had the regulars joke around and poke fun, and tell me that it's my "responsibility" to accept a broken machine.

I would hope that maybe there could be an exception for a customer who has bought 2 cutters already and had to deal with multiple problems.

Regardless of the policy, doesn't it make sense to waive the re-stocking fee (I don't know how much that would be, but certainly less than 100 bucks) if the bad press resulting from such an unhappy customer would cause you to lose multiple potential customers, each shelling out (minimum) $250?

I don't even really care about the OP's problem, but I think that the reaction to it hasn't been very fair.

I have a sense of humor about this thread because it's not *MY* problem, it's much less funny when you're the one who has issues with his/her machine.

I'm not sure exactly what I said that wasn't "adult" enough for your tastes Rodger, but I didn't break out the sarcasm meter until you responded to my post with a generally useless and counter-productive post.

This is degenerating almost to the point of flaming, and I have nothing more to say on the subject.

This thread speaks for itself.