derrick1217

Flex8.6 Starter

With 8.6 starter can you acheive contour cutting? I have followed all of the outlined steps - but the outline cut line is not being printed nor is the machine reading the marks that flex told me to use for my machine?

With 8.6 starter can you acheive contour cutting? I have followed all of the outlined steps - but the outline cut line is not being printed nor is the machine reading the marks that flex told me to use for my machine?

Using Flexi , you use the contour feature not the outline feature.At least thats how my Flexi works..It will print reg marks for you to line up your cutter with..

More info is needed..What cutter, screen shots of your print screen, file your using..the typicall stuff to help diagnose your issue..Hope it helps..

ok the printing I am using is a mimaki cg 60 ex - it has an optical eye.

I

This is my first time attempting to use the contour cut, I "you tubed" and followed the direction. I wrote my name expanded it - used contour cut and the outlined showed, I adjusted it and hit the green check mark , when back into the contour tab and inserted the marks "for my printer" to the illustration.

Now when I printed the drawing it did not print the outline cut lines that appeared on the screen, but it still showed up on the production screen "the outline cut line" now when I attempted to cut the media, it showed mark detected but never cut! stating no cut line detected?

Spoke to a friend who ownes a sign business and he informed me that flex8.6 does not make contour cuts that I would have to upgrade to version 10 or higher - that is the reason for my question.

It depends on which version of Flexistarter8.6 you have,, Vs2 has it. I guess I don't understand why you are trying to use 2 different systems (directions) to contour cut... You state your cutter has an optical eye. so that is different directions than the Flexistarter8.6 directions. Use your cutter directions..if your using the optical eye. Or use the Flexistarter 8.6 directions, BUT you can't use both directions at the same time. Flexistarter 8.6 is measuring from the blade, (does not use an optical eye) not an optical eye. When using your cutter with the optical eye, you are measuring from the optical eye. I DO have Flexistarter8.6 with contour cutting. It is VS2. When you are using Flexistarter8.6 you have to jog your cutter to each registration mark and your Flexistarter8.6 software records it, and cuts. Here is an example of what you should see from this EBAY ad, This shows Flexistarter 10, but Flexistarter8.6 vs2 is the same directions. You should get an interactive bar with arrows to jog your cutter, to each registration mark. After doing that your cutter will cut the outline.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexi-Starter-10-vinyl-cutter-FlexiStarter-Design-NEW-/270793901761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c9306c1

Purchased this package on ebay - instead of being flexi 10 - they sent me a freeware program called Sign & Go - I inquired more into this and found out this is the program they have been marketing as Flexi 10?

Dispute filed on both ebay & paypal - interested in seeing what happens next!:angry:

Sign Go is not FREE ware.

There is Sign Go lite and Sign Go Pro, they also have a 30 day trial version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SignGO-Pro-Contour-Cutting-FlexiStarter-Vinyl-Cutter-/270803610266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0d272a9a

Here is the Signgo site

http://www.signgo.com/products/signgo.html

where is the ad of what you purchased??

show a screen shot of your program...the one you stated is wrong...

The Flexi-Sign store on Ebay sells Sign Go and ALSO Flexistarter 8.6 and 10. I have purchased my Flexistarter there with no problems..

If you compare Sign Go to Flexistarter, Sign Go has MORE features and effects than the Flexistarter 8.6 or 10. Flexistarter will not vectorize images, but Sign Go will. Or have effects for text. Or write text on paths. But Sign Go does. I have Flexistarter from 7.6, 8.5, and 8.6,vs2 They are basically cutting programs. That is it. Nothing More. Not much in design features at all. You can do some text, but not alot more, like in Sign Go..

So, if I'm reading your post above correctly, you filed a dispute with EBAY and Paypal because they sent you BETTER software than the Flexistarter 8.6 or 10? Interesting :huh: