CRD

Modelcar wrapping

Here one of our latest creations with Arlon PDF 5460GTX foil.

4 more to come next weeks.

Paco

post-3643-0-35250100-1312661705_thumb.jp

post-3643-0-00307200-1312661711_thumb.jp

How you do this?

Easy..............

Take the body, no work.

Make panels manually with paper and pen.

Scan the panels and trace them into vectors.

Cut the panels with regular vinyl and check if they are OK. 100% sure they are not. :-)

Redo untill 100%, roughly 8 hours of work sofar.

Make template of the panels.

Make a design over the panels.

Print the design.

Contour cut the design according to the panels.

Apply the decals.

Easy? :-)

Exchange of templates always possible to discuss.

Only sharing, sorry no.

Paco

Looking at your pictures again after hearing how it was done- I see what your talking about. I figured it was a one piece wrap and not pieces. I would be interested in a one piece design, but there are so many bodies out there- it does make sense to make my own templates.

now, a reverse print on clear and installed under lexan would be great. knowing the outside of r/c cars take a real beating.

now, a reverse print on clear and installed under lexan would be great. knowing the outside of r/c cars take a real beating.

Thats for sure! I know my 1/8th scale spent a ton of time on its lid.... On the outside tho- you could replace it and your body would be all shiney and nice again tho.... I am sure either way has its pros and cons. I would like to see done as a one piece wrap, stretched over the body though and not piece-mealed together.....

Vinylmotivation about an one piece wrap.

It cane be done...............

But there are problems like it streches on spots where your design is to get the vinyl to bond properly.

It would take a study to find out where to place and preshrunk text and design for every custom design you make!

On large cars they use panels too at the doors, hoods and so on.

As the body is one piece does not mean the decals have to be one piece too.

Due to the fact there is no paint used (seams overlap a little) at the inside the body last longer.

Paint uses solvent to bond which weakens the body.

For the inside reverse vinyl job have you ever tried to shrink vinyl in a inner dome curve?

What about prepainted bodies? Those are screen printed and they make 1000 of the same design in one run.

There they also have to take care for shrinking and deformation (that is why there is never a brand name included in the printing) when the plate of screen printed polycarbonate is vacuumed in the molding.

Any question let me know.

Paco

How about to wrap this bath tub body with one piece of vinyl without destroying your carefully made design?

That is why panels are a must. Yes this body is wrapped too.

paco

1300397917_143_FT14131_crd_full_body_wrap_of_the_serpent_s811_truggy.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

Customer picture of an other wrap we did past week.

This time the customer wrapped it.

More to come.

rockstarmmx.jpg

Hey have you done any Short Course Trucks? If so what do you charge.. My boy races them and we are looking into getting a new body soon

your designs look great, my question is i am thinking in getting into wraps but , dont know what kind of machine i need to print those images. can u direct me to a vendor and machine type. thanks