vinylmotivations

Flexi 8.1, CE5000-60 and Contour Cutting

OK guys... Finally got my new graphtec!!! This thing has been sweet!

I was able to- within MINUTES using flexi use the pen tool to contour a previous image I had done on my laserpoint prior. Worked flawlessly.

Now I got an order for some color, contour cut decals, about 100.... I have the artwork FINISHED, and print it, then when I insert the test print to contour its VERY close, but not quite up to par and then the cutter gives me an Off Scale Error. What am I missing.

I have included a picture of where it is off (top of text vs bottom... upper "E" in the graphic looks just fine!) and the graphic file I am using (zipped since the forums wont let us post Flexi Files up here....

EastScarlets.zip

post-13895-0-22245600-1312652577_thumb.j

Here is a better picture of the lower portion where the difference is easier to tell. IDK maybe I am just being picky... or a perfectionist again....?

post-13895-0-21795200-1312652675_thumb.j

Glad you got your new cutter up n runnung..On mine I use the reg marks that point out not in..I think under your design manager tab you select the cutting tab and change it..Mine seems to find the outward ones better..I also leave 3 inches on all sides of the grahic out past the reg marks for the cutter to beable to cut and move the graphic...If I am understanding what your talking about and the pic you posted, your too close to your reg marks for the cutter to cut it..Hope that helps some...

That is where the reg marks are automatically placed by flex. Tough to leave 3" too when I am printing on a WF1100.... which on vinyl, would waste a TON of material! LOL but I know what you mean. I need a solvet printer and am starting to get the taste in my mouth from you guys lol.

I actually gave up with flexi last night and figured I would give Corel a whack with the cutting master plugin that came with the cutter. Figure if nothing else I can email support with that! Got corel loaded and the plugins, learned it in about a couple hours (enough to edit artwork and place regmarks and cut) and got this design in it, placed regmarks (*even closer mind you) and sent it. BAM! PERFECT! ODD> Also I learned Corel gives me more power over print quality as well- since I am doing mostly small decals on a WF1100 I tend to print at a higher DPI/PPI than say a banner or something- Flexi was set at like 360 or something and was grayed out and couldnt change it.

Corel, I got the artwork, printed it at photo resolution, and cut it with contours. It may have also been something to do with the communication format as well- I don't think Flexi was automatically switching it to GPGL or it was and was not setting the steps- with corel I manually switched it and set the number of steps because it wasn't acting correctly right off the bat.

Take a look!

post-13895-0-28676400-1312743359_thumb.j

And you are correct about the reg marks- I changed them to the other out of hopes that was maybe my issue.... I had tried the type 2 reg marks in flexi as well with the same results. I ended up manually jobbing the contour line in the flexi artwork file itself to compensate- but I may stick with Corel now.... I have been using a trial of Flexi and a copy I borrowed from someone to see if it was worth buy the pro version. Meh. Think it is too much for my needs unless I did not have to pay for it and I spent some money on a color profiler and time on setting up all my color profiles to match.

Glad you have found something that will work for you..I tend to leave more around the graphic than I actually need..So 3" might be too much, just have not played it down to see what the bare min would actually be..Still glad you got it going with a differnt program all the same..

stetson5331

Try tapeing your design to a larger sheet so it registers larger then it really is..