Sign in to follow this  
Guest fivestar

Paint for vinyl

Guest fivestar

Anyone know what is the best kind of spray paint to use on vinyl and what is the life span of it?  I have seen krylon is supposed to be good, but haven't really seen much about painting vinyl. 

I am going to do a buddy of mine's racecar and we was thinking of doing something where it fades from one color to another and painting is the only option I know to go without having someone with an expensive printer printing it.  Anyone have any suggestions or other ways of doing this.

Thanks all

I was just disscussing the krylon paint with a bmx friend of mine a couple of days ago.He was wanting to paint the clear chest protector white from the backside.You would have to use krylon or a spray that dires instantly and adheres to plastics and vinyl.If you use a regular spary paint,I think it would just run,unless you had it laying flat when you shot it and let lay flat while it completly dries.

Guest fivestar

Billy I actually took a scrap piece of vinyl this afternoon and sprayed it with Krylon and it is simply amazing.  I faded red for the bottom into yellow up top and it looks great.  I heard you are supposed to apply a clearcoat to it to protect it so I am doing that tomorrow and will post results.  Anyone else got any experience with painting vinyl with spray cans?

That's great.I don't do much with spray paint because I use an airbrush.But I've never tried airbrushing vinyl.