spudlyc

cutting fine then suddenly decides to draw a line straight through the middle of work

hi, ive got a problem that i would like some help with please. ive recently bought a mh721 and am running on vista with inkscape to design and sign blazer to cut. it seems to cut small designs fine but when i try to cut a big design it cuts fine for a bit then decides to cut a straight line through the middle of the work the back to cutting fine again! has anyone any ideas why its doing this, any help would be greatly appreciated

You will want to try cutting using some sort of USB to Serial device, it is highly recommended that you use the keyspan adapter sold by USCutter as to gurantee a reliable communication with the cutter. This I can almost promise will solve your problem here. These cutters are known for less than fantastic USB functionality.

great, ill try that. thanks so much for your help, been annoying the life out of me all day! thanks again :)

Mine does this too regardless of whether or not its on usb or serial. Are you cutting quite a lot or a large item?? Mine is fine if i break the cutting down into smaller pieces if I try to cut a lot of small things but the total is full width 600 say by 2m it will slice through the whole lot from time to time, if it split it then its fine say several items instead of 20.

If your MH only messes up with large and/or very complex graphics, look into the memory upgrade that USC sells. It solves most people's problems with such things.

Good one Bearly!! Yup get more memory :thumbsup:

Had one flower girl tell me the other day that nodes do not have anything to do with memory.......... What a crazy thing/it, beats me ehehheheheh

Gotta feel sorry for some tulips or pansies heheehhehehe :D

I know my brain could use a few more nodes but it doesn't have the memory to support it :blink::P:bear:

could be the graphic itself. i run the same, vista, mn, usb, inkscape, sb, ect. ive been able to get it to be a REPEATABLE error. cetain files, cutting them at a certain size, i can cut and have the same screw up every time. check the file at that exact location and the file is good. make it smaller, OR LARGER, and the problem disappears.

what i think it is, is that the program has a little crash if the packets of info going to the cutter split at a certain point. maybe a problem with sb, maybe the cutter, idk, but the fact that the same file will screw up EVERY TIME, yet work PERFECTLY if the size is changed slightly, leads me to believe this is NOT just a serial/usb or a memory problem. i cant say that some, even most of these instances ARENT usb/memory problems, but im sure there are other sources as well that dont have a simple fix, and are being completely overlooked in favor of keyspan adapters and memory chips.

Your exactly right Deth, not every problem is a memory or keyspan problem.

But most issues are memory related, I have customers gallore call me and bring their machines to me to look at, they all say the same thing, "This thing's to slow!!" It won't run Corel, its loading and loading and loading my graphics.

Same ole same ole, after a memory upgrade.... walla, fix issue.

But some are stuck in the cache if you will, they never clean them out, they never defrag their machines, and most important, they never update to the "fixed" versions of their software. Aggrevates me to no end heheheheeheh

But anyhow, changing the file size has to do with the cache as well, anything you open on your machine is also opened in memory as well.

Just like IE cache caches every web page you go to, it's to access it faster at a later time when pulled up if you will.

As far as Keyspans are concerned, I've seen these things communicate over and over. Most of the lower end units have a communication problem at some point or another with a straight usb to usb connection, also with a usb to serial communication.

This is why I recommend getting one, I'm not going to be in the middle of cutting and have my machine loosing communication with my computer.

Anyhoo, I can set here and go on and on lol

I'm whipped, it's been 24 hours, time for some shut eye.