jhumbeutel

Vinyl slipping/weeding line cutting through image

Hi all, Hopefully someone can help. I have had my Graphtec CE5000 for about 6 months now and I love it. However, lately my vinyl seems to be moving during a cut. More so on larger runs. I have been very patient and try to line up the vinyl as straight as possible. I even use the stoppers to hold the roll in place and also the feed option to make sure its straight. The images and letters are cut fine but the weeding lines are partially cutting into some of the image. The offset has always been set at 0. I have never had this problem and seem to be wasting a lot of time and vinyl trying to figure this out. Any ideas? Thanks

what speed are you running your cutter at? Personally, I never use weeding lines on large graphics or even small graphics... and I cut graphics up to 16ft long sometimes and they are perfect. ....just small text is all I use weed lines on.. occasionally.

I'm running at 25. Even if I slow it down to 15, it still happens. I do a lot of small text too so it's helpful to have the weeding lines. It used to work perfect. There must be some adjusment that I'm missing.

actually I NEVER run past 5-6 on speed. I get perfect cuts every time. In over 3 years of cutting, I have never had my cutter past 6 on speed. And when I'm cutting small text, I use 2 or 3... I guess I'm not in that big of hurry... Everything cuts smooth, And I never have problems cutting...

Wow, that is pretty slow. I'm trying not to do so many weeding lines and moving my rollers in a little more. It seems to work better but still slipping a bit on larger runs. I'm just bummed because it never did that before and I was always running faster.

Wow, that is pretty slow. I'm trying not to do so many weeding lines and moving my rollers in a little more. It seems to work better but still slipping a bit on larger runs. I'm just bummed because it never did that before and I was always running faster.

Just a thought try cleaning the roller wheels with maybe some alcohol ? Maybe they got something on them I don't think it would hurt them

With the lever up make sure the rollers spin nice and free when you hit them with your finger and there is no binding....

Is there enough vinyl unrolled so all that is being pulled is the weight of the vinyl you will be cutting ? If the drive rollers have to pull alot of weight on my Copam ( like the whole roll ) , it doesn't do well at times ( especially changing directions ) .

I do clean off my rollers from time to time. I'll try the alcohol because it seems like the vinyl is crooked when the job is finished. Not straight like when I started the cut. I always use the feed function to make sure enough vinyl is rolled out so it doesn't have to pull from the heavy roll. Does the grit on the roller ever wear down?

I do clean off my rollers from time to time. I'll try the alcohol because it seems like the vinyl is crooked when the job is finished. Not straight like when I started the cut. I always use the feed function to make sure enough vinyl is rolled out so it doesn't have to pull from the heavy roll. Does the grit on the roller ever wear down?

[uo

I would not think the knurling (grit) would wear out , but I had a Graphtec that the grit rod was bad from the factory, somehow the weld broke and it would not track properly. They ended up giving us a new machine after two years of fighting with it. All good now 2 years later.

I cut the amount that I needed so its not pulling from a roll but it still moves. About 1/8 inch on a 30 inch cut. When I do anything over 30 it really moves. The left roller doesn't seem to spin as good as the right. I don't know if that would even make a difference. I slowed it down to 2 on this cut but I really don't want to work that slow. How much do you think the vinyl usually moves?

I moved my rollers in a little more and it seemed to work better but I still am getting cuts through letters when I use the weeding lines.

I would avoid alcohol on the rubber roller wheels. It will dry out and crack the rubber eventually or make them hard and less plyable. Clean them with mild dish detergent and water on a washcloth OR an orance oil based cleaner.... no solvents, harsh chemicals or alcohols.

I just recently purchased a CE5000-60 and it used it for the first time on a job requiring cuts up to 12 ft long. I used avery 15in punched which tracked VERY WELL however...I was also using some 24" Oracal 651 and it was sliding as much as 1/2" - 3/4". Im definitely puzzled...

You really have to make sure that the vinyl is dead-to-rights square to the cutter... here is a video that was VERY helpful when I started cutting, to help improve tracking.

I helped a gal with a copam- that couldn't cut beyond 30" without terrible tracking, within an hour she was cutting 55"+ graphics and longer. I just cut a 106" black strip last night out of a long scrap that was only about 1/4" wider than my actual cut! It's all about how you load it I think.

CadCut Direct actually has a TON of great Tip-Jar videos on youtube....