roxanneupnorth

So did your politicians get it right?

I do not think so....I can not see anything in there that will actually start paying off your debt and/or do anything to stimulate job growth....I suspect the job numbers that come out Friday will be horrible.....And I think the Democrats got "hosed" today.....

• Like 1

yes they all did a horrible job ive went from 40 hrs a week to 22 a week and thats why im starting to learn vinyl the job market stinks taxes are going up which makes crime even worse there have been 8 shooting within the last week( today is only monday and started friday ) so please figure how this is going to end im going to get my conceal carry soon and see how that goes but ill prolly get more time than the actual crimmal if something were to go down im shaking my head at the president and the senate because they need the pay cuts not us or the school funds

I do not think so....I can not see anything in there that will actually start paying off your debt and/or do anything to stimulate job growth....I suspect the job numbers that come out Friday will be horrible.....And I think the Democrats got "hosed" today.....

Why would you care? Oh I know why, because the US runs the whole damned world yet we, the US get blamed for anything that goes wrong.

yes they all did a horrible job ive went from 40 hrs a week to 22 a week and thats why im starting to learn vinyl the job market stinks taxes are going up which makes crime even worse there have been 8 shooting within the last week( today is only monday and started friday ) so please figure how this is going to end im going to get my conceal carry soon and see how that goes but ill prolly get more time than the actual crimmal if something were to go down im shaking my head at the president and the senate because they need the pay cuts not us or the school funds

So if our schools are doing such a great job and don't need pay cuts then why are we at the bottom of almost every category? Break up the damn teacher's unions and make them "earn their jobs". Before you go spouting off, I have a daughter that is a teacher and I have told her the same thing. If my work sucks then I make no money, why should that be any different for a teacher? Obviously they have failed our children just look at where we are compared to the rest of the world.

Everyone wants to blame someone else, we the people voted these people in, now we are whining about their performance? If you want to bitch, then run for some public office and change it.

Why would you care? Oh I know why, because the US runs the whole damned world yet we, the US get blamed for anything that goes wrong.

I care because of how much oil, wheat, lumber, cars, beef, electricity, etc. etc. that we sell to the US....Last time I checked 39% of our exports went to the US...And 63% of our imports came from US.....

i just read part of what was passed "they said they are going to cut goverment spending(whatever)" they need to focus on the people not the special intrests groups. like spending money to see how much methane gas comes out of a cow when it farts. F.Y.I that was around 2 million dollars. or building a 1 billion dollar center for monkeys that they (the goverment) did whatever testing on.( and they keep this as a on going project) i could keep going on but i won't. now to the goverment did you know they have NEVER had a paycut NEVER. as a mater of fact last year they voted themselves a pay raise of 10% or more. what about all the private jets we pay our hard earned tax dollars for. ( ok who ahs the one i bought i need it this weekend) they need to look in cutting the tax breaks they give companies to move out of america. yes they do this. Rockey Boots in Nelsonville, oh moved over seas and cut 100 jobs in that little town. but they kept the head quarters right there so that they do not have to pay improt tax or tariffs on the boots they import back into the contry.

whatever this is a pointless Rant. if WE THE PEOPLE DON'T STAND UP AS A GROUP nothing will ever get done.

hey Frank i am with you all the way.

So if our schools are doing such a great job and don't need pay cuts then why are we at the bottom of almost every category? Break up the damn teacher's unions and make them "earn their jobs". Before you go spouting off, I have a daughter that is a teacher and I have told her the same thing. If my work sucks then I make no money, why should that be any different for a teacher? Obviously they have failed our children just look at where we are compared to the rest of the world.

Your daughter is a teacher? I'd like to see you do HER job for a few days. It might change your opinion. IF you made it through the first day.

ah, and I feel very sorry for your daughter.

• Like 2

The ones that bitch the loudest about the government being to big and about taxes are the first ones to cry the government should have done more when any thing goes wrong. The teachers need more than they make they have a very hard job then have to put up with a holes any time they try to slightly try to discipline a child. This deficit did not happen in two years . It has took ten years to get to this point and will take a while to resolve .

• Like 1

Your daughter is a teacher? I'd like to see you do HER job for a few days. It might change your opinion. IF you made it through the first day.

ah, and I feel very sorry for your daughter.

Me too

• Like 1

Ok, let's get the gritty going here.

# 1 - KILL THE FREE TRADE AGREEMENT! (People DO NOT realize still that this is what caused this in the first place)

Free trade agreement - Opened doors for businesses to move oversea's (Which in turn took away allot of the jobs from the U.S. (Bill Clinton) orrrrr was it Hilary? hehehe

Jobs are GONE! We stood by and let them open the free trade agreement and walla, all the furniture factories in N.C. left for China right away, putting ALOT of my friends and family out of a job.... no J.O.B. no money!

The only way we could possibly fix this issue is to STOP the free Trade agreement.

But to tell you the truth, I think it might be to late to fix it.

We sat in our recliners with the remote in our hands and "LET" them do this to us.

# 2 - Government and their raises, one of you got it right when you said they have never cut their own pay...... guess what, they NEVER will.

# 3 - TEACHERS - Let me just say this, I would NEVER be a teacher today, they can't spank anymore in schools, or at home as far as that goes. Let me let you in on a little secret, I got my BUTT TORE UP BY MOM! It didn't kill me in the least... she spanked me cause she loved me, NOT cause she hated me or wanted to beat on me........ Don't spank poor ole Johnny!!!!!!!!! I'll SUE!!!! I WANT him to go to prison!!!!!!! GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

To all you idiot's out there who thinks spanking is a bad thing, look around, maybe Johnny will put his gun to your head, OR his knife in your back and take you money cause he's to lazy to get off his butt and get a J.O.B.!!!!!!!

Us lazy butt Americans need to get off that thing we call a T.V. and our lazy behinds and kick some Government tails!!!!!!

It was made for the PEOPLE, not for them to control us, but until any of us decide when enough is enough, we can keep continuing to cry and whine about something we don't have the backbone to deal with anyhow!!!!!!

I'm out, lazy bunch of yellow back cowards, makes me sick to my stomach!!!

One guy told me, I'm scared to mess with it, I have kids and a wife to look after. Don't worry there little man, Uncle Sam will take care of them for ya!!! REAL GOOD!

AH! :blink::mellow:dry.gif

BannerJohn I don't want to get into an argument with you so I am not even going to respond to your silly posts. All I want to add is what do you think our ancestors would think if they could come back and look at how we "work" today?

IMO , they would realize they put into place a system that , with all the legal editing since then , a system that makes it virtually impossible to accomplish anything .. add in the fact the the parties fight with each other for the sake of control & not for the common good & it is even more futile . We need a new structure for control as many politicians are not needed anymore . Used to be communication was from the politicians from each state , that traveled on horses , horse drawn carriages etc to the Capitol . Now if there was a way to validate each vote , we all could vote for ourselves instead of a senator who is " supposed " to vote how his voters want , but really votes according to his & his buddies agendas .

Hilarious .. you don't want to get into an argument with John ... but you are discussing politics & then also call his post " silly " .... :huh: Logic like that is why i think many things are irrelevant ... What our ancestors would think would have no relevant effect on things now .... ask 100 people that question & get 100 opinions ! What they would think would not be any help in fixing things now anyway . Same thing with your statement that the people voted them in .. the politicatians did not win by popular vote , which means the people to me .. they got voted in by electoral votes which seems like a manipulation of the laws . Oh ... I don't want to argue with you either :) . so i am not going to respond either :)

IMO , they would realize they put into place a system that , with all the legal editing since then , a system that makes it virtually impossible to accomplish anything .. add in the fact the the parties fight with each other for the sake of control & not for the common good & it is even more futile . We need a new structure for control as many politicians are not needed anymore . Used to be communication was from the politicians from each state , that traveled on horses , horse drawn carriages etc to the Capitol . Now if there was a way to validate each vote , we all could vote for ourselves instead of a senator who is " supposed " to vote how his voters want , but really votes according to his & his buddies agendas .

Hilarious .. you don't want to get into an argument with John ... but you are discussing politics & then also call his post " silly " .... :huh: Logic like that is why i think many things are irrelevant ... What our ancestors would think would have no relevant effect on things now .... ask 100 people that question & get 100 opinions ! What they would think would not be any help in fixing things now anyway . Same thing with your statement that the people voted them in .. the politicatians did not win by popular vote , which means the people to me .. they got voted in by electoral votes which seems like a manipulation of the laws . Oh ... I don't want to argue with you either :) . so i am not going to respond either :)

Thanks for taking up for me Rodger...and thanks,Frank, for confirming what I already thought.

I won't put any names on this, but I'm sick and tired of people putting out trash like "get a job"! The government has catered to corporations to allow the firing of any high paying jobs in place of low paying part timers or consultants, all with NO benefits! My wife recently lost her high paying job, which supported us, in the medical field. The ONLY jobs available are low paying part-time jobs. How do you live, support a family and pay a mortgage on $15,000 a year?

BS!!! Fix the government and get real jobs back to the people! And to those who say "get a job"? Get out into the real world! And I sincerely hope YOU never face what we're going through!

And that's all I will say in this matter because it will just get nasty...

Np John , You are HILARIOUS ... I can tell you are a fan of the 1 liner humor also . ;)

I won't put any names on this, but I'm sick and tired of people putting out trash like "get a job"! The government has catered to corporations to allow the firing of any high paying jobs in place of low paying part timers or consultants, all with NO benefits! My wife recently lost her high paying job, which supported us, in the medical field. The ONLY jobs available are low paying part-time jobs. How do you live, support a family and pay a mortgage on $15,000 a year?

BS!!! Fix the government and get real jobs back to the people! And to those who say "get a job"? Get out into the real world! And I sincerely hope YOU never face what we're going through!

Yeah I hear that 'get a job' crap all the time...like all you have to do is walk into a place and they will hire you. I know too many people who have been trying for a LONG time to 'get a job' and the jobs just aren't there to get.

And you know what? Most of those people saying 'get a job' are sitting on their asses collecting some kind of check...and are just afraid that the money might run out and their check will stop coming.

$15,000 a year is tough , but alot better than a goose egg or sitting at home watching cable tv instead of doing something . People who don't try is what Assh is talking about IMO .

Taxes could be "zero" on businesses and if it was 1 cent cheaper to do something offshore, they would....

You are right Roxy..it's not about what the government does, its all about GREED pure and simple. SEveral years ago, Levi-Strauss had 4 production plants in my home town. NOne now. The Levi jeans you still pay top dollar for are made in the Far East..by people making PER DAY what Levi workers here were being payed PER HOUR.

I buy NEW BALANCE shoes because they are the ONLY major brand still made in the USA and NB is fighting hard to stay here.

$15,000 a year is tough , but alot better than a goose egg or sitting at home watching cable tv instead of doing something . People who don't try is what Assh istalking about IMO .

I think what Mr Ash doesn't take into account is that the kids of today were raised by his generation. And it's all in how you are raised. A new car as a 16th birthday present doesn't teach a kid anything except that you don't have to work for what you want.

also, a little clarification on the Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). It affects US,Mexico and Canada ONLY...and Canada and Mexico are not 'overseas'

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it.

the House of Representatives approved NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by a vote of 234 to 200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. NAFTA passed the Senate 61-38. Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; it went into effect on January 1, 1994.

So, as you can see, the NAFTA was approved with more support from Republicans than Democrats. Who is to blame? For Nafta..pretty much everyone...For jobs going to China and India, NAFTA has nothing to do with it.

as for $15,000 a year...there are plenty of people around here making that, and MANY making less.

• Like 1

I think what Mr Ash doesn't take into account is that the kids of today were raised by his generation. And it's all in how you are raised. A new car as a 16th birthday present doesn't teach a kid anything except that you don't have to work for what you want.

also, a little clarification on the Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). It affects US,Mexico and Canada ONLY...and Canada and Mexico are not 'overseas'

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it.

the House of Representatives approved NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by a vote of 234 to 200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. NAFTA passed the Senate 61-38. Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; it went into effect on January 1, 1994.

So, as you can see, the NAFTA was approved with more support from Republicans than Democrats. Who is to blame? For Nafta..pretty much everyone...For jobs going to China and India, NAFTA has nothing to do with it.

as for $15,000 a year...there are plenty of people around here making that, and MANY making less.

Lies

NAFTA China???

....Prior to NAFTA China had a small surplus with the U.S.

.....Every year since the beginning of NAFTA, China's surplus with the U.S. has risen tremendously

.... In 2007 alone, China had a $256,000,000,000 surplus with the U.S.

.....What is the relationship between China and NAFTA

NAFTA allowed U.S. manufacturers to set up Maquiladoras as assembly plants for U.S. parts. The Maquiladoras were originally buying their parts from suppliers in the U.S. and Mexico.

Once the US - China bilateral agreement took hold, the Maquiladora's operations became conducive to the importation and assembly of Chinese made parts.

In 2008 the 14 year tariff protection that NAFTA gave Mexico to curb Chinese imports will stop. The influx of Chinese made parts and consumer goods to Mexico could skyrocket more than ever.

The result will create more illegal aliens attempting to enter the United States in search of employment, unemployment benefits and other government subsidies they can not get in Mexico.

Imports from China go to Mexico for assemby --- $90 billion in U.S. trade deficit dollars are sent to Mexico for assembly of the Chinese made parts --- much of the U.S.$90 billion sent to Mexico is then sent to China to pay for these parts!

THUS - THE HUGE TRADE DEFICITS WITH MEXICO ARE JUST A COVER-UP FOR ADDITIONAL TRADE DEFICIT DOLLARS GOING TO CHINA! Look at it this way:

1. imports from China go to Mexico for assemby

2. $90 billion in U.S. trade deficit dollars are sent to Mexico for assembly of the Chinese made parts

3. much of the U.S.$90 billion sent to Mexico is then sent to China to pay for these parts!

THUS - THE HUGE U.S. TRADE DEFICITS WITH MEXICO ARE JUST A COVER-UP FOR ADDITIONAL TRADE DEFICIT DOLLARS GOING TO CHINA!

Thus, the huge deficit that the U.S. has with Mexico is mostly going to China and can be added to immense deficits the U.S. already has with China!

All the power is in the hands of consumers who give the corporations all their money....Stop buying what they are making overseas and you bring them to their knees....Now folks will say there is nothing left to buy....And that is probably true so you may have to do without or wait....But if you stop buying the imported stuff, domestic suppliers will soon respond to wants of the marketplace....

• Like 1

"In 2008 the 14 year tariff protection that NAFTA gave Mexico to curb Chinese imports will stop."

what year are you living in, SA?

You blame NAFTA because corporations have figured out a way to get around it. Just like they have figured out a away NOT to pay taxes.

MY GM truck has a sticker on the inside of the door..Assembled in MEXICO. It is a 1988.Long before NAFTA.

Keep up with the propaganda. It's a pleasure to read.

• Like 1